Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 08:15 AM

Default am i spewing? 2hands

when you know you are beat, do you call anyway?
are these spew?

HAND 1
BB cold called my pf reraise
Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $6</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, 2 folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14.25, 2 players)
BB checks, hero checks.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($14.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $16</font>, hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($46.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $24.21</font>, hero calls????.

HAND 2
Villian is 13/1
Pre-flop: (4 players) hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $4.5</font>, SB folds, hero calls, UTG folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($10.25, 2 players)
hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10.25, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $5.12</font>, hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($20.49, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $11.74</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $37.36</font>, hero calls?????.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: am i spewing? 2hands

hand 1:
bet the flop!!! it's 3bet...
at the turn you got balugaed, i think.
i think you should fold the river

hand 2:
pf is ok
flop ok
raise turn every time
call river
Old 09-29-2007, 08:21 AM

hand 1: If you are going to 3 bet in position, im cbeting this flop 1000% of the time. No free cards here...as played im prob folding here...turn is tough but i think just calling min raise is worst option here...push or fold

hand 2
im calling 1000% of time unless im absolutly certain (which is impossible) button holds KK....you are beating tons of hands here, straights/flushes
Old 09-29-2007, 08:23 AM

Hand 1. Lead the fop. I probably shove this turn. Call the river.

Hand 2. Flop is good. BET THE TURN. Make a bigger bet on the river and call.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:28 AM

Hand 1: Don't you pretty much have to bet the flop here? You 3-bet pf and have TPTK.

Hand 2: Call. Be nice to know how many hands he is 13/1 over, but even if it's a fairly large sample size I think the 1% pf raise could be off enough that he may be raising at least AKs and JJ too.

I guess he had KK if you're posting this, though.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:12 AM

Hand 1: When you were planning out this hand, did you say "I'm going to show big strength PF and build a nice pot, and then give him 4 cards to get ahead of me instead of 3"? I could somewhat understand on a whiffed flop, but you got TPTK. That's worth value/protection. Do you have a read that he checkraises a lot?

Hand 2: A definite call. You're afraid of exactly 2 hands, KK and 66... each is fairly unlikely - I feel that KK specifically would have bet that flop. If you are up against those hands it's fate to lose your chips. Curse the heavens as he drags the pot, but never ever click fold.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:47 AM

Hand 1: Bet flop for sure. It's 3bet so I think ~9$ should do.
Reads would be helpful for the turn. I doubt baluga's can be applyed here: hero's flop check makes it look like a steal on the turn ... What does an unknown raise from UTG and c/r the turn with? overpair, set, maybe AK, TP ... Hard to say. If he does it with just KQ+, 2p and sets we're getting like 2 to 1 on our money. If he could do it with AK (not too unlikely) it would be an easy shove. Imo we should get it in.

Hand 2: I don't care about flop, it's ok I think. But lead turn or at least c/r, he could have some draws he won't fold on the turn, but for sure on the river. Extract now.
For the river: yeah, fold it he always has quads here ...
Old 09-30-2007, 06:28 PM

you guys noticed BB coldcalled 12BB preflopraise right? with what... TT? he has 2 outs, AK? he has 3 outs.
I dont mind giving freecard, and Im giving him my stack if he coldcalled a flushcards.
What hand will call my flopbet? other than JJ/QQ/KK/AA?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys noticed BB coldcalled 12BB preflopraise right? with what... TT? he has 2 outs, AK? he has 3 outs.
I dont mind giving freecard, and Im giving him my stack if he coldcalled a flushcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why 3bet preflop? I think you have to bet this flop if not for value then to see where you are. If he comes over the top you have the chance to fold.

In hand 2 I bet the turn, and can not get my chips in fast enough on that river.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why 3bet preflop? I think you have to bet this flop if not for value then to see where you are. If he comes over the top you have the chance to fold.

In hand 2 I bet the turn, and can not get my chips in fast enough on that river.

[/ QUOTE ]

alot of dead money in the pot?
I may have the best hand?
on that flop, what hands call a flopbet that I beat?