Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 03:55 PM

Default USA players using credit cards to deposit

Why is it that on some sites, like UltimateBet, U.S. players can deposit using VISA/Mastercard. While on other sites, such as PokerStars, it says your card does not accept online gaming transactions? This becomes a real problem for me, as I have to wait and pay fees to use Epassporte.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: USA players using credit cards to deposit

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that on some sites, like UltimateBet, U.S. players can deposit using VISA/Mastercard. While on other sites, such as PokerStars, it says your card does not accept online gaming transactions? This becomes a real problem for me, as I have to wait and pay fees to use Epassporte.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they use different processors?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are an online gaming establishment you are going to use all means necessary to accept deposits from players. Why wouldn't they change their processor. Is stars aware of this?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are an online gaming establishment you are going to use all means necessary to accept deposits from players. Why wouldn't they change their processor. Is stars aware of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is because UB is being shady by coding gambling transactions as something else. When they get caught (and I'm sure they get caught often) they face huge fines from Visa/MC. Other poker rooms probably don't want to risk the fines and be dishonest like UB does.