Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: \"He has to like her more\"

I think that that statment might be true at the start of a relationship, possibly if the girl is having reservations or is a cautious person. But, that being said, that could go either way.

In the long run, good relationships are always in flux. There may be a time when someone 'likes' the partner more or is more sympathetic or supportive. This may flip with time, as need be.

It turns me off when someone is gaga for me. Seems too clingy and needy, especially at the start of the dating process. Makes me suspicious and I kick hard against them to have my own space.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always hear people say this, that is, the guy HAS TO like the girl more than the girl likes the guy for the relationship to work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Makes 100% no sense to me, and having a guy more invested than a woman is more likely to result in a woman getting some action on the side.
[ QUOTE ]
I understand that it's partially because guys are much more likely to cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Women cheat a lot, and it's much easier for them.
[ QUOTE ]
I've definitely seen this play out in most real-life relationships; at best there seems to be an equal amount of "like" between the two people, at worst the guy is a slobbering puppy dog when the girl is around.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but that seems to indicate an equal amount of commitment, not the guy having more.

In terms of generalizations, a lot of the blending of gender roles in the name of equality tends to lead to a lot more [censored] up relationships and far fewer happy people, IMO.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's exactly the opposite, dude. How many threads does OOT have where some guy is posting about a failed relationship, esp. early in the relationship, in which he let himself fall too hard for some chick and she got scared off or tired of him? Why do you think jerks get chicks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Wookie...I also agree with the prior poster who referenced that the whole "men cheat more than women" thing is a lie (or at least an outdated concept, especially in the US). Women these days in America have a lot more options and expect a whole lot more than they did in the 60s -70s when they pretty much were just looking to get married and career opportunities were nowhere near as big as they are today (hrmmmpppp...what a joke, career opportunities - by and large careers suck today in the US). So I think as a result they cheat as much as guys for sure it's just that TV/Hollywood and the general public don't show it as much as the traditional cheating used to be all about the guy.

Also, I think historically women have just been a whole lot better at keeping a secret and so it's always been a little closer than the numbers would actually suggest.

Edit: wow that was my 999th post almost at 1000!
Old 02-06-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All the relationships I've been in, I've felt that the girl was more into me than vice-versa, and yes, it becomes extremely boring after a while.

My friends think that once it goes the other way, I'm a goner, but I can't imagine that happening, although I secretly hope it will.

DN

[/ QUOTE ]
Take it from me, the other way around just sucks.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:51 PM

I really cant imagine being into a girl more then she was into me. It just doesnt seem possible. For me, a big part of loving someone comes from them loving you first, and the responsibility of that.

Of course, when I was 13 or 14 I would get obsessed with girls and think I was in love with them and stuff like that without ever touching or even talking to them. To me, the idea of some guy being more into the girl sounds pretty much like this.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al,

What was your answer?

I like it when the person is more in love with me because I'm a bit of a control freak and somewhat chickensh*t when it comes to relationships. I like that edge to be tiny, though, it gets super-boring if the difference is more than a little.

When it comes to marriage, though, I'm a romantic and have an idea of both of us being completely and absolutely in love with each other, both at infinity love!

[/ QUOTE ]

El D, you stated my thoughts on the subject exactly.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:06 PM

Where is the evidence that American women cheat as much as men? I often hear this being mentioned, but where is it coming from? A survey?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guys are much more likely to cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes I know this is just a lie. Men get caught more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-06-2007, 05:33 PM

I really have never heard about what the OP is talking about, Ive never had a really serious relationship, but never have I been more in love with a chick than she is w/ me. Fortunetly I know hard it is on the girl in this situation, even though Im completely honest with them, and wont ever put myself in a position like that.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:47 PM

No.