Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Drinking Advice - Avoiding The Pain

[ QUOTE ]
I've never had this problem (probably because I don't have a vagina). But one of my friends was once in a condition of facing likely liver failure if he drank hard alcohol. He enlisted an idiot to take all his shots for him surreptitiously. If one of your friends would be stupid enough to cooperate, but smart enough to keep quiet, and all your other buddies are all getting drunk themselves, they might not notice you handing off every third drink or so. BTW, I was the idiot taking the shots in my story.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I am looking for.

On birthdays, a common problem is people buying the shot/drink and bringing it to you(as opposed to asking you what you want to drink beforehand). Refusing while inebriated, can be difficult. With about 50-60 people attending, I estimate about 50% will run this play, and I will drink about 10 drinks, having to say no to the majority. As I become drunker, my resistance will weaken to their continued pressure, I am almost certain. But, having a pre-set gameplan may alleviate the next day's pain.

Good hangover tips. I should know these.

DN

I said LFS was NOT a pussy(2) in the previous thread.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:43 PM

My experience is that chugging a lot of water before you go to sleep helps A LOT. Like, so much water that you want to stop, but keep going. I also find that drinking water the next day does not do [censored] to make me feel better, it's all in drinking it the night before. Have fun and don't die.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:44 PM

Why don't you drink less than you have on your past bdays? If you feel forced to drink for some reason I would force myself to puke a few times throughout the night. If you get blacked out drunk there isn't much you're going to be able to do to avoid a bad hangover.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you feel forced to drink for some reason I would force myself to puke a few times throughout the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are Korean, you also know that there are times when you can basically be forced to drink by older persons. It's a sign of respect. Not that my friends follow this code, but it basically comes into effect on birthdays for some reason. I have done the forced-puking bit on past bdays, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Have fun and don't die.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are basically the two goals I am trying to accomplish.

DN
Old 10-19-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get all this "dont mix drinks" advice. Is there any scientific basis or is it just crap that people pass on? I've never noticed feeling any worse if I drink 10 different kinds of liquor. Also, what if your one drink is something that has four liquors in it?

I would think that if you wanted to drink whiskey it would be better to intersperse with some shots of vodka, as vodka has less of the chemical that gives you the hangover.

[/ QUOTE ]

The people saying mixing drinks makes for a worse hangover are wrong. I'm guessing this somehow became rumor because someone was drinking beer, then took a few shots with his beer, woke up the next morning and wondered why he was more hung over then normal.

Mixing drinks might not agree with your stomach, but It has little or nothing to do with your hangover.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:11 PM

have your friends buy you some shots called "prairie fires". They taste very good and have little alcohol content so you will not get wasted as fast.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:13 PM

I really think avoiding a hangover starts with breakfast the day you're going to drink.

If I know I have something to do Saturday morning and am going to drink Friday night, I drink about as much water as I can all day.

When I plan for it, I've never gotten a hangover.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:27 PM

don't drink till you blackout?

not sure what caused drinking till you blackout to be the cool thing to do...what's wrong with just getting comfortably drunk? you can tell your friends, "no, i'm already real drunk, buy me a beer instead." i never realized peer pressure stills works on people 25+.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have your friends buy you some shots called "Shirley Temples". They taste very good and have little alcohol content so you will not get wasted as fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-19-2006, 06:42 PM

Mixing beer and a spirit means your drinking beer and a spirit; so, you get a hangover worse than if you just drank beer becuase your probably taking in a lot more alcohol than you think...Which is why I will always stick to beer if I dont want a hangover.