Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: **Official 2007 Washington Redskins thread***

[ QUOTE ]
It must be the O-Line, right? Or the playcalling?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why our offense is so incompetent. I don't think that's on Jason Campbell. We need to take the handcuffs off of him. It must be the O-Line, right? Or the playcalling?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's difficult to take the handcuffs off him and increase his offensive role when he already throws more INTs then TDs and he is averaging a fumble a game
Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why our offense is so incompetent. I don't think that's on Jason Campbell. We need to take the handcuffs off of him. It must be the O-Line, right? Or the playcalling?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's difficult to take the handcuffs off him and increase his offensive role when he already throws more INTs then TDs and he is averaging a fumble a game

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring back Mark "The Ripper" Rypien... he'll lead us to the Promised Land
Old 11-07-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-07-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Need I mention Eli Manning's sub-80 QB rating? And he's a fourth-year starter and the #1 overall pick. You sure he was worth Phil Rivers and three draft picks?

Giants [censored] up by not drafting Ben Roethlisberger.

Worry about your own team.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:24 PM

*sigh*... another "quality" Tyler Durden sporting events forum post

I provided reasons why "taking the handcuffs" off Campbell is not the solution to fixing the Skins offense problems. Not sure how Eli, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Giants or anything else you mentioned in the last couple posts has anything to do with Campbell, the Redskins offense or the **Official 2007 Washington Redskins thread*** overall.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:36 PM

I think a lot of it is the playcalling and/or the play of the WRs. They dont seem to have much of a middle passing game aside from the 3rd down curl back route Cooley runs or an occasional ARE slant route.

I cant really tell if this is a result of poor playcalling or the WRs just not getting separation. I am leaning toward playcalling. It seems like the Skins just dont like passing in non-obvious passing situations.

Lots of run center, run left, 10 yard curl to Cooley. Throw in the occasional playaction bomb and that seems to be the extent of the offense.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:05 PM

I'm checking in this thread. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks...Eagles is a must win.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm checking in this thread. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks...Eagles is a must win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, b/c we have to split the next two and we have a very slim chance of winning in Dallas.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of it is the playcalling and/or the play of the WRs. They dont seem to have much of a middle passing game aside from the 3rd down curl back route Cooley runs or an occasional ARE slant route.

I cant really tell if this is a result of poor playcalling or the WRs just not getting separation. I am leaning toward playcalling. It seems like the Skins just dont like passing in non-obvious passing situations.

Lots of run center, run left, 10 yard curl to Cooley. Throw in the occasional playaction bomb and that seems to be the extent of the offense.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. I don't understand why there isn't more play action on 1st and 2nd down, when the Redskins are expected by EVERYONE to run. Every drive seems to be 1st down run for 4 yards, 2nd down run for 3 yards, 3rd and 3 incomplete pass on an awful playcall. Part of this is due to the O-line I guess, since they aren't as good as passblocking as they would be. Another part is that Campbell, although he has a serious arm, is incredibly inaccurate on those play action long bombs. Several times this season Moss has burned people but Campbell has overthrown him. But seriously, play action on 1st and 2nd down, especially 10-12 yard passes to Cooley, and this offense would suddenly open up. No one expects pass from the skins on 1st and 2nd down, so they play run, which (again, along with the o-line) is why the running game has been so crappy up until last week.

Also, on the same note, I was LOLing while crying when, during the 2nd half of the Pats game, the offense suddenly switched to play-action heavy. When they were already down by 40+ points. Some more great playcalling there, I'm sure those fake runs down 6 scores totally messed up the Pats prevent defense.