Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 08:53 AM

Default AQs UTG 3 BI deep (50NL)

My Session Stats: 18/15/6
BTNs Stats: 38/16/2
BBs Stats: No History, just sat down.

I'm wondering about my line in 3 spots. 1) preflop call 2) flop raise amount. 3) turn shove. I'm also wondering what my line should be if a 3rd heart falls on the turn.

First, I only called the BB 3bet because I had the BTN deep stacked behind me and thought the increased odds made it worth it. What do you think?

2) On the flop I wanted to raise an adequate amount while still having the option to fold to a shove.

3) Nothing got there on the turn and I shoved. The pot is already 3BI at this point, so a shove is 2/3 pot; I basically didn't want to get cute.

4) What happens if a heart falls?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Grabbed by Realtime
Full Tilt Game#3981113483
<font color="black">DarDaugiau ($48.50)
<font color="red">Bernhard05 ($49.50)
<font color="red">Virge ($148.70)
<font color="black">ZeBirdFlu ($108.40)
<font color="black">Ranks999 ($147.25)
<font color="red"> Dealt to Virge Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="black">DarDaugiau posts $0.25
<font color="red">Bernhard05 posts $0.50
<font color="red">Virge raises to $1.75
<font color="black">fold, <font color="black">call, <font color="black">fold, <font color="red">
Bernhard05 raises to $5.50
<font color="red">call, <font color="black">call,
<font color="black">
FLOP ($16.75)
A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Bernhard05 bets $9
<font color="red">Virge raises to $29
<font color="black">Ranks999 calls $29
<font color="red">Bernhard05 raises all-in to $35
<font color="red">Virge calls $15
<font color="black">Ranks999 calls $15
<font color="black">
TURN ($148.75)
A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Virge raises all-in to $99.20
Old 10-27-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: AQs UTG 3 BI deep (50NL)

I think i can find a fold here on a heart turn. (Not sure though b/c c/f really sucks b/c villain will bet turn w/ AK if heīs a retard for protection)

imo villain doesnīt 3bet preflop w/ 44 and there is only one combo of AA and QQ each. so I just canīt see how iīm supposed to fold here even though itīs 3bi deep. Your shove seems fine b/c you donīt want to let him draw to a flush 4 free.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:41 AM

Fold preflop to the BB's reraise. You are 3 buy-ins deep but the BB has a 100 bb stack and his range is crushing yours. The reason I'm not thinking much about the BTN is b/c you have to act before him and your relative position in the hand is terrible. If you had position on the BTN and he called the BB's reraise, then I'm glad to come along.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop to the BB's reraise. You are 3 buy-ins deep but the BB has a 100 bb stack and his range is crushing yours. The reason I'm not thinking much about the BTN is b/c you have to act before him and your relative position in the hand is terrible. If you had position on the BTN and he called the BB's reraise, then I'm glad to come along.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do preflop with TT-22?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

imo villain doesnīt 3bet preflop w/ 44

[/ QUOTE ]

the only villain we're concerned about here is the BTN right? We're stacking off 100bbs with an unknown BB every time right?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do preflop with TT-22?

[/ QUOTE ]
Call and now I do take the BTN into consideration. These are much easier hands to play so relative position isn't that big of a deal. You either flop your set or you don't. With AQs, you are either going to flop a draw or top pair, both of which could cost you a lot of money if the action gets heavy.