Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Going to the Bronx = imminent danger?

[ QUOTE ]

Last year I went to the Skydome wearing Sox gear, I found the Toronto fan's to be even more enjoyable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Canadian fans were friendly!?

I for one am shocked, sir
Old 09-06-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I went to the Red Sox game last week wearing Sox gear in the Left field Upper Tier. All the surrounding Yankee fans were friendly.

Last year I went to the Skydome wearing Sox gear, I found the Toronto fan's to be even more enjoyable.

Before that my friend wore his Mets gear to a Mets game at Fenway sitting in the bleachers. He got slapped in the face and thrown out for fighting. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you must be lying, zer0 already explained this wouldn't happen in Fenway, and that its just all those classless Yankee fans that do stuff like this. Nice story though.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually he said people at yankee stadium were all talk - at fenway, they get [censored] done (with class)

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i said the guy should wear whatever he wants, if a yankee fan can't handle it, its not his problem.

the "pure class" was aimed towards your assertion that wearing an opponents logo somehow makes him deserve getting a beer thrown on him.

i didnt say it wouldnt happen at fenway, either

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know, but it's more fun this way

and yankee fans will make it his problem 'cause he's an attention whore. btw i obviously have no problem with people wearing red sox gear to red sox-yankees games in the bronx.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in the UK you wouldn't even get in the ground. the police would remove you for your own safety. You may even be charged with inciting violence or something.

In fact not just the UK. that would be the outcome across most of the world

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. In Denmark can wear the opposing teams colours in the "neutral" parts of the ground, but still its not allowed. And in the fan sections you really shouldnt for your own safety.

Wearing the jersey of the main rival at a game theyre not a part of is a real lack of respect for the home team and you deserve to get thrown out of the ground or worse. Just wear your normal clothes. Dont be a douchebag.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 AM

why the [censored] are you a fan of the blue jays AND the red sox? are you retarded or something? (if yes, plz don't start crying or tarding out or anything, it's ok)
Old 09-06-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why the [censored] are you a fan of the blue jays AND the red sox? are you retarded or something? (if yes, plz don't start crying or tarding out or anything, it's ok)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard not to love a team that's taking the Yankees down a peg. Plus, there's the Epstein/Bill James angle in the front office . . . I just like 'em. Maybe I'm used to casually supporting teams that aren't from my hometown since I follow the NFL so closely, but I just like the Red Sox. I don't even mind that they just took 2/3 from us in the Dome. You guys deserve it!

As everyone has pointed out, the idea was more stirring up lively debate/attention whoring than die-hard Sox fandom.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:12 PM

i have been to a fairly large number of yankees games, and ive never seen someone wearing sox gear get abused or anything like that unless they obviously wanted to provoke it. occasionally someone minding their own business will get heckled but if you dont respond they will give up after 15 seconds. really not a big deal.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:02 PM

If you want the attention why not get a "Jeter sucks" or "Yankees suck" or some shirt along that line. Real Red Sox fans have more apparel like that then actual Boston Red Sox stuff.