Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 03:13 PM

Default PokerEV won\'t start for me...!?

I definitely have the Microsoft 2.0 Framework thing...and the installation looks like it completes successfully -- but as soon as I double-click the icon to start it, it gives me an error that says:
"PokerEV encountered an unexpected error and needs to close".

Does this every time. Any ideas??
Old 11-01-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: PokerEV won\'t start for me...!?

This means the program isn't even at loading stage when it crashes. It can be caused by a lot of things. A few questions:

Have you used it successfully before? When did you download the installer? Do you have the "Arial" font on your system (it's almost universal, but sometimes people don't. Click start > run > and type fonts.) Another possible cause is that something on your system like a OS firewall or local installer corruption is stopping the installer from adding all the needed files. You could try downloading the zip and seeing if that will run.

If none of the above work let me know
Old 11-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Nope, never run it successfully. It's always given me that error.

Yes, I have Arial installed.

Don't use a firewall, so I don't think that can be it...

Not sure what a "local installer corruption" is.

Hmmm...just tried the zip folder, copied the contents into a folder on my desktop, clicked the .exe file, and it seemed to have worked. I'll let u know if i run into a problem.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:44 PM

Can I suggest that for the full release version (which I gather you're working on now), you put in the help section more detailed instructions on just how to interpret the graphs that it generates? And include example graphs, perhaps with a detailed explanation of just what each line means. I still have a tough time understanding them. For example, I've been running AWFUL the past month, but actually playing quite well and just taking bad beat after cooler after bad beat, etc. Here's the graph it generates for my last month, but I'm not sure what it means...at first glance, the Sklansy bucks in the negative, big-time, implies to me that I'm consistently getting it in with the worst hand, but I simply don't believe that's true...I've had bad runs before that were a result of tilt and deteriorating play, but this time around I'm really just getting sucked out on constantly . Anyone care to tell me just what this graph means?

Old 11-02-2007, 12:30 AM

Quick primer:

To see how you run, use the luck graph tabs. That'll tell you how well you're running on all-ins, which is the only reliable luck measure. They're pretty straight forward - just compare all in expected vs all-in actual.

The game analysis graphs can be useful for analysis, but they calculate EV on every street which can cause a divergence for some styles.

Also realize that if you import from other sites apart from the ones listed on the database tab (by clicking "use all"), you probably won't get accurate luck results since many don't save mucked showdown hands. I left them in for people who want to use the filters. That's why you see the title "(contains data from untested sites)"

If I ever sell this, I'll include full help.