Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 10:16 PM

Default NL50, tricky spot with KK in 4bet pot, quite deep

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($83.52)
BB ($50)
Hero ($77.37)
MP ($39.96)
CO ($91.15)
Button ($19)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="red"> Hero raises to $2 </font> , <font color="Gray">1 fold</font>, <font color="Red">CO raises to $6.5</font>, <font color="Gray">3 folds</font>, <font color="Red">Hero raises to $21</font>, CO calls $14.50.

Flop: ($42.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>

Hero??

No reads or history with villain. I really had little clue what to do in this situation, I thought about shoving preflop but decided against it as I thought he'd probably only call with aces or (unlikely) the other 2 kings. Also since we're pretty deep I thought a raise to $77 from $6.50 was a bit unncessary. It seems to me now that the size of my 4bet has left me in this spot on the flop where any significant bet commits me. Does anyone have issues with the size of the reraise? In terms of assigning a range to villain I thought it could well include AK/AQ/QQ all of which would leave me in pretty bad shape on this flop. That said, I think check/folding now would be incredibly weak given the preflop action. So what are my options? I have about $56 remaining, do I make a small bet and then fold to any action? Check/call?? Shove?! None of these seem particularly appealing but the idea of check/folding here makes me sick. Comments on anything are welcomed
Old 09-04-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: NL50, tricky spot with KK in 4bet pot, quite deep

When a villian calls a 4bet with anything but AA he has made a huge mistake.

That said...the appropriate line here is c/f...you only beat jacks and dont expect him to get out of line with that holding - or anything worse for that matter.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:19 PM

Anything on villain? or how you've been playing and might be perceived?
Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 PM

Ugh. First, I would puke in my mouth a little.

Then, I would realize that the ONLY hand in his range that you're beating is JJ. (Or a split if he's got the case K's.) I don't think it's worth risking any more chips to find out if that's what he has, but yes the thought of check/folding after putting that many chips in play PF makes me a little ill too.

If you make a little blocker like $15 maybe you'll pick up the pot from those 2 hands, but honestly I think this is AK/AA/QQ pretty damn often.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:29 PM

check/fold.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:31 PM

I actually think u have to c/f this... Maybe its weak, but the flop is as bad as they come... Whats his range for calling a four bet? AA/QQ/KK/AK? Without reads I'll think i ch/f this... Imterested in other views, but horrible spot for kk..
Old 09-04-2007, 10:35 PM

Promise villain 50 gold on World of Warcraft if he folds and then shove. He'll put you on AA.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything on villain? or how you've been playing and might be perceived?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing fairly standard tag, haven't seen villain get out of line at all either. I was 4 tabling at the time and didn't have a chance to get any notes or anything. Oh and wait for it, I still haven't got PT even though I've been meaning to get it for ages so no stats either...