Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Newhizzle v Neverwin - dramabomb blog post

Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 AM

Newhizzle,

I worked my way through college as bookie, back in the days before internet gambling. If you are really owed 200K I have some guys that can absolutely collect. With out a doubt they will get your money (as much as he has + plus some he doesn't have) back.

PM for details..
Old 07-09-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever Dustin did to Newhouse, I'm quite sure Mark doesn't want to see physical harm done to Dustin. Remember, no matter how skewed and twisted it was or became, these guys were friends throughout all this, and Newhouse will probably regret airing all this dirty laundry in public. Also, I think the internet is amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were pretty good friends at some point or another then ya maybe physical can be waved aside, but if they were not, you realize we are talking about over like 100k in $$$ here?

Thats alot of $, some place's in the world people have been killed for way less then that try 500$ for example.

NW having money and not paying it back is a pure sign of disrespect towards Mark, spit in the face type move.(How many people how pulled sh it like this to Mark before Brandi? etc.)

Mark sounds like a guy who has been getting used by alot of people for different crap and reasons, I highly suggest he takes the non Nit approach and goes Agro. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Be the Boss Mark. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever Dustin did to Newhouse, I'm quite sure Mark doesn't want to see physical harm done to Dustin. Remember, no matter how skewed and twisted it was or became, these guys were friends throughout all this, and Newhouse will probably regret airing all this dirty laundry in public. Also, I think the internet is amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that at this point in the conflict (assuming this is accurate, of course, which is still an assumption), newhouse realizes what kind of freind neverwin is, and id imagine he has thought about that before deciding to out neverwin. I doubt he would post this if he still felt attached to this so called friendship that neverwin seems to value so very much.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's like Dale Gribble knocking on John Redcorn's door while his wife Nancy is in there. Everyone in the nieghborhood knows what's up except for Dale Gribble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty sure that's not what it's like at all.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who is chantel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chantel "Dirty Hole" McNulty

Old 07-09-2007, 02:09 AM

So how long before this is a CSI Episode... Degen found in desert, Shify girlfriend, in debt to everybody.. Crosses wrong people ? OD ? Cheated ?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Find some new friends, stop loaning money, and act like a grown-up. And, for the love of all that is holy, get some help for your gambling problem. When you're short money and having to get staked into tourneys, and you are still making $5K last longer bets and rolling pins for $10K a game, you have a problem. That's not balla -- that's just sad. There is nothing to be proud of in degeneracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to disagree.

I don't know Newhouse at all and I know there are all these people who know him well who say he's a super-awesome guy.
And I hate to pile-on when things evidently are pretty tough for him.
But if I ever find myself with $1.5 million and somehow find a way to busto-out then please just shoot me already.

Evidently he's blown through some of his roll with some pretty ridiculous prop-bet type stuff.

There very much seems to be a big ego factor with these guys staying in these bigger games even though they've been taking big hits and common-sense would dictate that they perhaps have some leaks in their game.

Newhouse bad-mouths Neverwin for playing 72o (evidently more frequently when he is popping pills) and suspects he plays too laggy to be +EV yet he also teams up with him to play Benyamine.

A lot of this stuff just blows my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This crap has been going on in the poker world for years right? The faces are changing that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Per Bobby Baldwin's WINNING POKER SECRETS Copyright 1979 pp.46-51 excerpts therefrom:

Newhouse:

p.47 " First, you don't ever trust someone who hasn't previously established himself as honorable. .... Rule 1: Never lend money on the basis of whether it's a "nice guy" doing the asking."

p.50 "Before you even consider lending money, you MUST know the reputation of the person. In other words, that reputation must be POSITIVE. Just the fact that you know nothing NEGATIVE is not reason enough to take a chance on a stranger.

Most people make the mistake of lending money when they feel that they will PROBABLY get repaid. Well, PROBABLY won't do it, brother! You have to feel absolutely certain. If you feel it's 3 to 1 that a person WILL repay...well, that's a terrible proposition. If you did that with a hundred people at $10,000 a try, you'd only expect to get $750,000 back out of a million dollars in loans. Sure, 75 percent of the people proved honorable. Some consolation!"

"Only borrow from those you're willing to lend to, and don't lend to those who won't help others when they have the chance. It goes both ways. Many people want to borrow when you're up, but don't want to lend when you're down."

Newhouse and Neverwin:

p.202 "Destructive Impulses Don't let your ego block your success. Play to win, not to bolster your ego....need to take chances, even reckless chances, is an inherent character trait of every successful gambler I've ever known. The difference between these winners and the would-be stars who bash themselves and their bankrolls into oblivion is this: Winners have stopped denying that these dangerous urges exist within them. They have come to terms with themselves. Once you're honest with yourself about your own nature, it's a lost easier to rationally map out a winning game plan and stick to it."
Old 07-09-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I laugh every time I get the mental image of Newhizzle standing outside neverwins house banging down the door wanting his money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually this is quite a funny sight, I was there for one of them lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you would be. You have no money to be anywhere else. At least at Neverwin's you get to play with Newhizzle's money and Neverwin can sweat you while you work the "100% no lose" con.

How come in my whole life I've never met anyone named 'Dustin' I didn't want to hipcheck into a big vat of Orangutan manure?

If I ever get a pet weasel guess what it's name is going to be ..
Old 07-09-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two comments:
Are we sure hizzle is being totally honest? I am pretty sure he is being truthful, but this kid went to college and is a successful poker player so how come he keeps acting like a total moron and giving basically strangers so much cash? He may have naive early on, but he claims to continue to give this kid money even after he was owed SIX figures! What blows my mind is that if you read his post he was [censored] bowling with this kid and making 10k prop bets while he was still owed money, wtf was that about.

Second, lets assume that this kid has been [censored] over newhizzle and hizzle just trusted him. In all seriousness, he is in vegas why does he not sell out his debt to some guys down there. Hes owed like 70k, so he farms out the debt collection for like 9k. Im sure there are some tough
"debt collectors" he has run into. Although, knowing hizzle the debt collectors would probably keep all the money and all newhizzle would do is make a meaningless post on the net. Reading this makes me so [censored] mad and its not even my cash. [censored] grow a pair, kick his door down and [censored] take whats yours man.

I remember reading a post where someone said winning that wpt event was actually going to hurt hizzle and ironically i think it has. Hes low on cash and after living this lifestyle he will never go back to the "real" world and get a job so it might be a sick cycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who would write a story like that about themselves and have it not be true?

If you get hooked on action and care more about being in a certain croud or having a balla image than you do about sticking to +EV situations u be goin down.

It's actually pretty interesting to see how the new breed of young internent players are occasionally crashing and burning fast along with making it up to high stakes fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the mind quite a number of these young men obviously pay to personal ethics and character as evidenced in no less than about twenty different threads this weekend having to do with angle shots, welshed loans, profligacy, substance abuse--this one isn't always a barometer of suspect character, but it often is--and a whole assortment of whatever other degeneracy tickles their fancy at any particular moment, in how many of their cases do you think outright cheating and fraud was instrumental to their early phenomenal success building huge rolls online?

Personally I think the number is much higher than any of us who want online poker to be on the up and up want to believe.