Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 03:27 AM

Default How Lost\'s Second Season Killed The Best Show In TV History

I'm bitter as [censored] and I want to share why. I don't want to do so in the official OOT "Lost" threads. This seems like a misson for The Lounge ([censored] "The Quiet Zone").

Twenty reasons, each explained in length. Roughly one per day. Starts tomorrow, because I'm too [censored] drunk to start now.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:57 AM

Default Re: How Lost\'s Second Season Killed The Best Show In TV History

Tease.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:18 AM

This is lame, ya Zone Tease!

You could at least have put reason 1.

Okay, I'm a Lost noob. I've watched the first 4 of season 1 and loved it. Then I got wind it ends on a cliffhanger, and Abrams is planning something like 9 seasons... killed it for me. There's no way I want to watch it knowing there's no resolution in sight.

I hate cliffhangers between seasons. Alias does it too. They were particularly bad in that they didn't explain the end of S2 till half-way through S3.

I remember when Twin Peaks did it at the end of Season 1, I got so peeved.

Anyone else like this? What's your opinion on the whole cliffhanger thing between series? Why the hell do they do that?
Old 05-25-2006, 05:09 AM

Madtown,

I'm surprised at this turn. I'm especially surprised after possibly the best episode of Lost of both seasons (possibly second only to "The Walkabout") just aired.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 PM

Madtown,

As I mentioned elsewhere, I have a feeling that this is all going to be about expectations you placed on the show and your inability to seperate the quality of the show from the fact that it didn't meet whatever expectations you placed on upon it.

This has happened to me with shows/movies before. I think I see where the plot is going, and I make some assumptions and I get wrapped up in that and don't enjoy the show once it doesn't stay in the direction that I expected.

Frankly, I think this season, especially the last few epps was pretty objectively awesome.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:12 PM

The show is high quality. Some people just can't let it develop at the pace the writers intend, and this makes them bitter. They want to know something, and the show isn't ready to tell them yet, so they get pissed. I'm betting that by the end of the series when you view Lost as a whole, it will be an amazingly good story and rank very high on the list of "all-time TV greats".
Old 05-25-2006, 02:22 PM

i think this is something worth noting when discussing the plot of "Lost":

the master plan, as i've heard it discussed, covers 6 seasons (give or take), which means we're only 1/3 of the way through. i believe the overall plan is in place, but that there is some adaptation available to respond to what fans latch onto (the numbers, etc).

if you look at it like a normal film, we're at the end of act 1, which is generally when the film lays out most of the groundwork, establishes characters, et al. No writer would ever answer important questions in act 1, that's something you start doing in the end of act 2. it's perfectly reasonable for any answers to create more questions than they solve.

so to complain that the writers are just teasing us so far is pretty pointless, since that's exactly what they're supposed to be doing right now. that they're frustrating people makes me think they're doing a good job.

people are just impatient, IMO
Old 05-25-2006, 03:31 PM

I have never watched the show but caught a bit last night. Can someone explain to me why every ethnicity imaginable managed to board the plane?
Old 05-25-2006, 03:51 PM

Plausible in show answer:

There is a great degree of connectivity between the people on the plane. Many appear to have been manipulated to be on the plane, so the demographic makeup may be by choice.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never watched the show but caught a bit last night. Can someone explain to me why every ethnicity imaginable managed to board the plane?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in a nutshell, 'cause they're going to LA.