Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 PM

Default NL50, QQ: I think I got outplayed but was it avoidable?

Sorry I don't actually have the HH cause this hand was played at work but its fairly straightforward how it played out. NL50 on Party, not been at the table long either so no real reads.

(Effective stacks are ~100 BB)

Preflop:
Hero is dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB

2 folds, CO raises to $2, button calls. Hero raises to $8.50, both the CO and the button call.

3bet seems standard, is $8.50 a reasonable size? or more due to the caller on the button?

Flop is something like 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pot is already ~$25, each of us has just over $40 behind.

I lead for about $21, CO folds and the button pushes for about $23 more, effectively a minraise.

I figured I'm definitely not checking but did I bet too much on the flop? Is anyone folding to the push as played?

I called, the guy showed aces and I got stacked btw. Without meaning to be results oriented, can anyone think of a way of avoiding this spot? I understand that reads would be helpful in this situation but obviously I didn't have any. In terms of putting villain on a range I thought I was either crushed by a set or favourite vs a FD, maybe slight underdog vs AKdd. I thought it was unlikely but not impossible for him to have kk or aa since he flatcalled the 3bet. Is this one of those spots you have to just brush off as being 'destined to get stacked'?

Comments on absolutely anything welcomed
Old 08-28-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: NL50, QQ: I think I got outplayed but was it avoidable?

8.5 is fine. I usually make it 9 myself.

21's fine. I'd probably bet like 18 (it doesn't really matter much I don't think).

Obviously you call his raise.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:48 PM

I'm with Lego - you're sizing your bet to get all-in, and you can't do much if he's a little too happy to get all-in against you.

Does anyone like flat calling OOP? Stacks do seem to get short quick in a 3bet pot. I do exactly what's done here with AA and KK, but QQ is where I like to mix in calls. Is that dumb?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Lego - you're sizing your bet to get all-in, and you can't do much if he's a little too happy to get all-in against you.

Does anyone like flat calling OOP? Stacks do seem to get short quick in a 3bet pot. I do exactly what's done here with AA and KK, but QQ is where I like to mix in calls. Is that dumb?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's dumb. Not 3betting with QQ here is bad.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:52 PM

Noted, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 05:57 PM

if he has KK or AA reload, theres not avoiding it with that flop, esp sinec ur OOP. YOU PLAYED IT FINE BROSKI.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:09 PM

Cheers, just wanted to make sure more than anything else. Annoying spot but I guess just have to take them sometimes.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya its a leak to not repop with QQ, but, sometimes you have good reads or stats on a player that could make you just want to peel and flop and lay it down if you have, the way this hand was played and hero being oop he's going broke.