Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 01:31 PM

Default two river decisions

Hand 1:
Villain 3-bets liberally so has a wide range here. I also think he sees me as loose and aggro.

2 folds, Hero raises with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Button 3-bets
SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button calls.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero...
My reads are that villain would raise me if he had trip 9's in which case betting out would be optimal, though perhaps negligible since he might 3-bet me on the river even if I c-raised. My read is also that villain would only call with a king, whereas if he has a King I would collect two bets with a c-raise. If he has A-high I obviously should bet out because my read is villain will call. Finally, if villain is just bluffing because of the trips and K on board, I should c-raise (even though he'd fold to the raise, because if this is the case he'd just fold to my betting out). Gah, so anyway, what would people choose?

Hand 2:
I know I could've played this differently on a lot of streets, but I'm comfortable with my line in general I just am curious on if people think there is value in raising the river.

2 folds, Hero raises with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, Hero calls.
(I sort of questioned myself after opening with QT here, it's not something I always do, and when I got 3-bet by the sb i knew i was behind, but..)

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero calls
(figure I'm waowb so just let him bet his AK thinking he's got me outkicked or something)

Turn: Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero calls.

River: Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero...

I felt like I was the likely favorite to showdown the best hand here, and I *think* just calling was correct..but I see so many people NEVER fold AK here so if that's what I read his hand to be, or something comparable (AQ/AJ) is there value to raising?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: two river decisions

I do not think wa/wb means what you think it means.

I raise flop in hand 2. villain will put you on a draw and call down super light. river raise is good I think, but your line looks like a busted draw so you probably have to call a 3bet.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: two river decisions

Hand 1: I fold the turn, and c/r the river. He is much more likely to have Kx than 9x here (and I doubt you will get raised very often by Kx). Also as you mention if he is on a complete bluff (which you must think he is capable of since you called the turn) then checking is also better.

Hand 2: Raise flop (you are not WA/WB against a guy with 6 outs). AK and most acehigh hands are very likely to call you down here, but not so much if you raise later.

Edited because I'm stupid.