Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Re: 10/20 6-max .. WPEX v Stars

I can't compare those two games specifically, but it's definitley worth it to have money on WPEX and feel out the 10-20 game. There are definitley some good ones that will run, along with some ones that are ok but worth it 100% RB, and then some where it's prolly not worth it. In general the variance will be higher because the games are a bit tougher and also just play in a more high variance way than on other sites. Overall though, worth having some funds there is it's possible for you to do so easily.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:01 AM

WPEX is prob the easiest site to fund now as well.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hmm only one solid player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Still can't figure out who you are there. I can only name 4 solid players and I know who they all are. Everyone else is a weird LAG fish to some degree.

Also I will completely back up __1__ that there are bots on that site if anyone thinks he is just spouting something random.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i was one of the weird lag fish dd speaks of also, and i take pride in that.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:17 PM

I'm a weird lag fish as well
Old 05-07-2007, 08:19 PM

Oops yeah I do know your name cuz you told me but I don't remember playing with you. Looks like lots of mostly lurkers here play on the site but none of you are 20/40+ regulars unless you are twayankees and if you are I'm sorry but you are a LAG fish.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-07-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oops yeah I do know your name cuz you told me but I don't remember playing with you. Looks like lots of mostly lurkers here play on the site but none of you are 20/40+ regulars unless you are twayankees and if you are I'm sorry but you are a LAG fish.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i played primarily 30/60, 50/100, 100/200 on wpex for a long while, and i grew to love tway... i dont think you played on there back then too much DD, probably why we only tangled a few times.

boypinoy was another that i put in a lot of interesting heads up matches against, if you are out there boypinoy im still not sure if you are good or bad
Old 05-07-2007, 09:37 PM

twayankees was a weird weird weird dude.

And OT a little, but WTF is up with the HU flop donk, turn barrell, river barrell OOP into the PF raiser with str8 up cheese, NH/ND at WPEX all the time? Maybe it's for metagame? I dunno, but WTF?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And OT a little, but WTF is up with the HU flop donk, turn barrell, river barrell OOP into the PF raiser with str8 up cheese, NH/ND at WPEX all the time? Maybe it's for metagame? I dunno, but WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're speaking specifically about HU, these are the bots. It's not about metagame, its strictly game theory. Also, people who think the bots are bad HU are mistaken.

___1___
Old 05-07-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly suspect a lot of the players who do this are bots. After I had seen it happen a couple times and picked up on it, I started playing around with the guy and he never re-adjusted. I could raise his flop donks with nothing and take down the pot; I could wait for the turn to raise and take it down; I could wait for the river. Basically, I suspect it's just a randomizer in the bot's programming. Or, it could be a person who's just that retarded.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're speaking specifically about HU, these are the bots. It's not about metagame, its strictly game theory. Also, people who think the bots are bad HU are mistaken.

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

I may very well be underestimating the bots, but of the ones I've played, I didn't think any of them were tough. There were a couple who would take the aforementioned line 2-5 (if not more) hands in a row. I really don't think anyone will convince me that choosing a random series of hands to give away money for no reason is a good idea - and I have a hard time believing it's optimal from a game theory standpoint, but I might be completely wrong.