Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: What is a good day for you?

None one of this:
(from yesterday btw, at the end of an $8k week with no tilt whatsoever until this)

Party Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $160.41
UTG: $493.55
MP: $207.50
Hero (CO): $638.74
BTN: $652.21
SB: $185

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $2, <font color="red">MP raises to $10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $35</font>, BTN calls $35, 3 folds, MP calls $25

Flop: ($110) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $70</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $140</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $172.50 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $102.50, BTN calls $32.50

Turn: ($627.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $431.24 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $431.24

River: ($1,489.98) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 2 are All-In)

Results: $1,489.98 Pot ($3 Rake)
MP showed 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sixes) and WON $624.50 (+$417 NET)
Hero showed J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and LOST (-$638.74 NET)
BTN showed K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and WON $862.48 (+$223.74 NET)
Old 11-11-2007, 12:28 AM

Also, 5 buyins is definitely my anti-depression threshold.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:51 AM

If there's no hands I'm beating myself up about. I don't mind dropping 5 buyins in a day if I think I played the hands well. But if I play a hand poorly, it's just a real downer. Same thing if I win 10 buyins in a day, but played a hand or two terribly.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:54 AM

i dont really get too bummed either way about individual days unless its really bad, if i ran bad for like a week i get pissed off though, if i make some obvious donk play where i dont go with my gut or whatever i get pissed too
Old 11-11-2007, 04:55 AM

A day w/o tilt. If I play well and lose, and am okay with it, still a good day. But some days, losing gets to me b/c its been a really bad run, or even winning, if I was close to a much bigger score and it tilted me.

A day of being even keel is a good day.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:46 AM

Hm, some days you just play really well - you notice every single little detail, you feel clearheaded when thinking through a hand etc.. That's a good day for me, even if I don't win a [censored] (I tend to not play long enough sessions when winning anyway).

If I make a horrible play and suckout I tend to beat myself up about it more than I should.

Foldequ1ty, uh, was the JJ hand pre-tilt (ie was it what caused your tilt)? I mean.. for you to stack off with JJ here (300bb deep), the guy has to be pretty [censored] terrible?
Old 11-11-2007, 06:38 AM

a good day is putting in more than 1500 hands, playing well, and not having a losing session.

Even if im 100% playing my A game though 1500 hands and i have a losing day, it sucks.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hm, some days you just play really well - you notice every single little detail, you feel clearheaded when thinking through a hand etc.. That's a good day for me, even if I don't win a [censored] (I tend to not play long enough sessions when winning anyway).

If I make a horrible play and suckout I tend to beat myself up about it more than I should.

Foldequ1ty, uh, was the JJ hand pre-tilt (ie was it what caused your tilt)? I mean.. for you to stack off with JJ here (300bb deep), the guy has to be pretty [censored] terrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the hand is obviously ultra uber retarded donkey tilt. To come after my best week ever, out of nowhere, was just shocking to me at the time but is sadly typical of my game long-term. I was a little tired, had 3 or 4 Cbets and 3bets snapped off in a row, and got sucked out on once pretty bad, putting my day (two hours) from $+1000 to $+300 - but that's it, nothing shocking. Before that hand I was up $8k in 6 days at 200NL, and had made not a single mistake so bad that I beat myself up about it.

So now because of this one 'hand' (complete brain aneurysm), I'm [censored] scared that I'm going to be tilting to some degree for some unforeseeable period of time, and either breakeven for a long time or lose a sizable portion of my bankroll, as has happened several times before. I'm up 35 buyins for the month, but I feel like that one hand completely destroyed all the confidence/momentum that I had up to this point - that there's a 50% chance I'll be playing like utter [censored] when I start my session soon. I'm not sure if I can phrase this correctly, but I feel like I really don't understand the mechanics - the 'nuts and bolts' - of self-control.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Ivey has the only sensible strategy for this - setting a very, very small stop-loss, say 3 buyins personally because I have a low variance style. It takes fair amount of time away from the tables to really be able to objectively look at a hand which cost us our stack, and determine if there was any degree of bad play on our part.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:46 AM

Not losing my BR on 50-100
Old 11-11-2007, 07:00 AM

Any day i wake up and can play poker online is a good day.