Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:51 AM

Default switching currencies

With the downward trend in the US dollar are a lot of you just bitting the bullet and sticking with your online poker room of choice, or are any of you switching over to poker rooms that play in euros?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: switching currencies

I've moved some to a site where you can keep it in GBP and looking to move the rest to some similiar site. But I mean, I don't know much about how the $ is expected to move up and down, I was looking for another site to play and figured I might as well keep my money in a non $ currency when its available.

Also doing it since sites based in the EU are taxfree for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you are american it must be pretty hard to find non-$ sites tho?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:17 PM

Anyone want to recommend a non $ site? I've only ever played on party and stars.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:38 PM

PartyPoker allows you to keep your bankroll in Euros.
Inter Poker (and I'm guessing all of the cryptologic network) allows you to keep your money in GBP, euro or $.
Eurobet (and I'm guessing all of Ongame) allows you to keep your money in the following currencies:
EUR
GBP
USD
SEK (Swedish kronor)
NOK (Norweigan kronor)
DKK (Danish kronor)
TBH (Thai Baht)
CZK (Czech koruna)

Oh and iPoker (that's where Titan is at right?) allows you to keep your bankroll in euros, I don't know if it's just EUR/$ that's available or if there are others.

There are probably tonnes of others tho. I'd assume SvenskaSpel (swedish state owned poker site) allows you to keep your money in non-USD currencies, but I have never played there so I don't even know if it's a swedish only site or not.

I've never played on any Ongame skins so can't tell you what the games/software is like, and I've only just started playing on InterPoker but the software is more or less identical to stars. MAYBE a little slower, but it might be an illusion because I just moved from the very fast tables at prima.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:47 PM

Ah, and I hear betfair offers $, GBP and euro. Bossmedia has euro tables so I assume you can keep your money in euros. And party actually lets you convert to GBP as well as euros (my account -> your profile -> account currency -&gt
Old 11-07-2007, 02:49 PM

now would be a bad time to switch from dollars to euros
Old 11-07-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now would be a bad time to switch from dollars to euros

[/ QUOTE ]

def. but would it be worth to switch over to a poker room which plays in euros or GBP, rather than $? My perspective is all the big rooms have their table currency in $, and unless there is a busy euro's or GBP based poker room that i haven't heard of; i'm stuck playing in $'s.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:13 PM

Isn't it completely irrelevant what the tables play as (ie Crypto has $, GBP and euro tables, but 90% of the traffic is at $, but since there's no conversion fees you can play whichever you like, except the rake is worse at the non $ ones).
Old 11-07-2007, 06:48 PM

Just found out that you can only get rakeback at Eurobet if you keep your money in $, not so for InterPoker where it's available always.