Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: NL100: Lost with aces

[ QUOTE ]
He could easily be hitting you with that weak reraise just to push button out of the hand. JQ, KQ, and AK are all good possible holdings for him. I think we can discount TT & KK due to just his limp preflop. 44 would be the only hand I am worried about here but not enough to give up this early. He's got a very high agg. factor and semi-tight stats. Repop him to $80 and push turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

since hes limping a lot i guess we have to count in at least KTs , prolly KTo - right?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:23 AM

Best line IMO is call and CR turn AI. Second best line is three betting now. Worst line is folding or calling and folding turn. Only hands we are scared of are KT, 44, and possibly 1010 although that seems unlikely given both of your stats.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villain is 28.5/20/5.3 over 80hands
what to do?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. We're only behind 444, and this is a conveniently horribly dry flop for a tough villain to represent such strength with air.

Then again, even if he ALWAYS has it, a call doesn't lose tons getting stack odds of almost 12:1 for spiking the ace on the turn (19:1 or what is it). The problem is, of course, that if we check turn UI, he'll fire 100% and we still have no idea where we stand. Any ideas? Leading turn ourselves sounds bad, forcing him to play correctly, doesn't it?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He could easily be hitting you with that weak reraise just to push button out of the hand. JQ, KQ, and AK are all good possible holdings for him. I think we can discount TT & KK due to just his limp preflop. 44 would be the only hand I am worried about here but not enough to give up this early. He's got a very high agg. factor and semi-tight stats. Repop him to $80 and push turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

since hes limping a lot i guess we have to count in at least KTs , prolly KTo - right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we can count that in but if that is what he's holding, why not just call and hope button comes along. Why push him out with that super weak reraise?? He has to figure his hand is good so why not string you and button along for at least another street?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:01 PM

He can easily have TT too. But why are you guys so eager to raise this guy allin? I like calling alot better here vs aggressive LAG. I mean why the hell would you turn your hand into a bluff by Check raising your hand allin on the turn. That seems like burning money to me. Unless they guy is a spew tard is he really gonna stack off with AK or something in this spot? Or KQ or whatever. (AK is unlikely too)

I would call flop most of the time, call turn call river, no probably bet river. And he fires turn, we know where we stand, were ahead most of the time.

EDit: it probably also depends on history with villain.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:08 PM

didnt see stacks

call,
call most turns
reevaluate river
Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 PM

CRTAI vs lags is a good line because people do stupid stuff when they feel "pot comitted". He will probably give up on the river after we call turn unless a scare card hits in which case we will be put to a tough decision. As for calling turn and betting river... that looks at least as strong as a turn CR and I think it just gives him a free card, not really adding any value.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:13 PM

3betting would be bad here. Call lead turn.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:19 PM

vs. a guy with a 5 agg factor? I'd rather CC turn and river than lead turn. CR turn seems like by far the best play to me.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vs. a guy with a 5 agg factor? I'd rather CC turn and river than lead turn. CR turn seems like by far the best play to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 people saw the flop we're 150BB deep, why are you so itchy to get it all-in?