Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: AK wtf??

No fking way your hand is good here, this is a super-strong line from a slightly weak postflop player. Instamuck.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AQ minraises the flop? it's a wierd line.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how big of a fish the guy is. Many ppl are capable of "slowplaying" AQ preflop and then springing a big trap on the flop. Once hero calls they go, uh oh, he might have something, better check this one down.

If this guy was lagtarded I'd happily check the turn and snap call the river, but a flop C/R turn chk chk river bluff is pretty rare. Ppl that spazz c/r bluff the flop like this rarely fire again.

I mean, just generally. against passive players you bet your hand until you're given a clear signal its not good anymore. If he's not bluffing the river or turn often it doesn't matter if his range is polarized. You still make zero off air and lose a one bet to a better hand.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check turn. He either folds to the bet (we lose value) or he crai (and you dont even know what your going to do).

[/ QUOTE ]

results orientated much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Just think about it. After someone c/r-es the flop then checks the turn. they either crai or c/f, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?!?!?! I don't think I have seen someone c/c there often... they usually crai or c/f in my experience...

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, this is my experience also. I think we are valuetowning a weaker ace here so rarely. I check turn.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we are valuetowning a weaker ace here so rarely.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? it's not like he made a proper raise on the flop so his range is probably NOT that polarised, why can't he have Ax here?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 AM

bc ax doesnt crai on turns unimproved? (improved =he picked up a FD or turned 2pair)
Old 11-07-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bc ax doesnt crai on turns unimproved? (improved =he picked up a FD or turned 2pair)

[/ QUOTE ]

no i meant why can't he have Ax after he c/r min flop and check turn, BEFORE the crai...i was arguing the merit in my turn bet.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no i meant why can't he have Ax after he c/r min flop and check turn, BEFORE the crai...i was arguing the merit in my turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Board is superdry on flop. He usually leads Ax if he decided to CR flop. Dunno, I just never see a random ace check calling their way to valuetown after CR'ing flop. Which means people either don't play Ax like that on flop, or they c/f it on the turn fearing the big riverbet? No idea.

After I' being CR'ed on a flop like this, in my experience after they check turn they fold a large majority of the time. CR all in a small part of the time and c/c almost never. There are so few draws and stuff he can put us on.

So I guess he can have Ax, I just never get to see it.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:09 PM

ohhhh

my view on these types of situations is that you can guarantee yourself 2 streets of value by checking the turn and calling or betting the river if checked too, versus trying to get 3 streets and stack the worst part of his range(ax, axc) while leaving yourself open to getting crai'd by a range that has you crushed (aj, a2, a2c, a9, j9 22)
Old 11-07-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check turn, call river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:16 PM

I also prefer a check on the turn, call most rivers, bet river when checked to. What are you trying to get 3 streets of value out of? If he's behind he's drawing very thin and probably not calling both the turn and the river.