Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: The Final Table SUCKED Thread

"TWO HUNDRED [censored] HANDS IN SIXTEEN [censored] HOURS. That's 12 hands an hour."

Does anyone know what last years stats were for hands? Just wondering if this is standard, cus yea 12 hands an hour is [censored] ridiculous
Old 07-19-2007, 03:24 AM

i thought it was great especially since i didn't have to watch that goofy looking jewish guy beat up on everyone. watching some schmuck with 80's wire rim glasses manipulate people all night long was horrible.

hated hearing that stupid name over and over again.... jamie gold. herbie schlotstien would have been much better. or carl rosenthal or...
Old 07-19-2007, 11:57 AM

I thought that Lee, Childs, and the old guy all played right into Yang's game instead of playing their own. Yang was being the uber-aggressive player at the table and instead of staying out of his way until they trapped him they made plays with A7, KJ, and KK with an ace on the flop.

Watkinson's resteal wasn't horrible, but Yang had already shown that he wasn't folding many hands and A7 isn't a great hand to show down.

Childs call was great after the cards were turned up -- but in reality, against Yang's range there he could have been in a coinflip or behind. I thought he could have waited for a better spot, but was tired of being run over and was still thinking about his QQ laydown.

The KK hand was clearly awful. Yang had been checking flops when he completely missed if his opponent checked to him. He is only betting there with an ace and is NEVER folding. I think, like the others, the old man got tired of being pushed around and wanted to push back.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:38 PM

30$ MTT can be difficult
Old 07-19-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Watkinson's resteal wasn't horrible, but Yang had already shown that he wasn't folding many hands and A7 isn't a great hand to show down.

[/ QUOTE ]

What had Yang showed down before this? My recollection is AK in the hand against Hilm. He'd been playing a lot of hands, but had he been tested like this preflop?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:57 PM

I watched most of it and at first I thought it sucked but then it sort of fascinated me. I mean Yang ran that table at his own (slow) pace and I think it drove the other players up the wall. That was just so unexpected and especially from the weak/bad/short stacked little asian dude. There were several times when another player woud look at Yang and try to pick up something and just look away frustrated. Little dude was a friggin statue for 16 hours.

How they will chop this up for good, edited ESPN TV I have no clue. That will be hard.

It did suck that out of 8 other players, not one could come up with some way to play back at Yang and at least try to take him off his game. Pray to Satan when you win a hand, or something cripes - make the guy blink.

Lam was a trooper, had he won that last hand they might still be playing.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:00 PM

This was the least entertaining final table for awhile and I agree with all your points.

The number of hands per hour is ridiculous. There was too much BS going on in the room. They'd take 20 minute breaks every freaking 2 hours or some crap. Every time a player busts, another break, every time the blinds go up, another break, god...
Old 07-19-2007, 01:10 PM

For people saying it was the least entertaining final table for a while: how many final tables have you watched live without hole cards? It was definitely too slow, but given that my main experience watching live tournaments is with HEAVILY edited footage on TV, it's not clear that it's that far out of the ordinary. Was this even longer than the Hachem final table, and if so, by how much?
Old 07-19-2007, 01:15 PM

It wasn't boring, just bad poker. Last year was better.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't boring, just bad poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first FT I've watched live and it was much more exciting than I expected. I expected a 30 hand an hour fold-a-thon, and while the poker was bad and excrutiatingly slow, Jerry Yang's play (though bad) did keep it very intertesting. I kept wondering when someone would play back at him and his stack would shrivel up and die. It almost happened, it started to happen, but patience didn't win out. It seems Jerry not only had the largest set of balls, but also the most luck. Congrats Jerry!