Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Rainkhan and the 33 versus Alex Kravchenko

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Slim can you calculate how much pot equity the BB needs to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Specifically, we need the following probabilities, all of which depend on hand ranges. I'm ignoring split pots.

<ul type="square">[*]Rhame scoops if he calls[*]Rhame loses the main and wins the side if he calls[*]Khan beats Kravchenko if Rahme folds[/list]
[/ QUOTE ]

The last one is pretty easy.

Given the loose range you want to put Khan on, that would be about 60/40 in favor of Khan. With the tighter range I suggested, it would be more like 65/35. In both cases I'm putting Alex on approx. a 40% range. Overall experimenting with several ranges I get results from 55%-65% in favor of Khan, so maybe 60/40 is ok to use here.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Specifically, we need the following probabilities, all of which depend on hand ranges. I'm ignoring split pots.

<ul type="square">[*]Rhame scoops if he calls[*]Rhame loses the main and wins the side if he calls[*]Khan beats Kravchenko if Rahme folds[/list]
[/ QUOTE ]

Rahme scoops about 50% with JJ+,AKs,AKo
Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The last one is pretty easy.

Given the loose range you want to put Khan on, that would be about 60/40 in favor of Khan. With the tighter range I suggested, it would be more like 65/35. In both cases I'm putting Alex on approx. a 40% range. Overall experimenting with several ranges I get results from 55%-65% in favor of Khan, so maybe 60/40 is ok to use here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, then you just plug in the equity numbers from my previous posts for all the different possible outcomes. My point is you can't solve the three-handed problem the way we did for the two-handed problem, where we just used prize pool equities and calculated how much pot equity Khan needs to make a call break even.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, then you just plug in the equity numbers from my previous posts for all the different possible outcomes. My point is you can't solve the three-handed problem the way we did for the two-handed problem, where we just used prize pool equities and calculated how much pot equity Khan needs to make a call break even.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be no problem, but we need computer help. Doesn't SNGWiz support custom payout structures as well as 3-handed problems? I recall in contrast to SngPT it claims to handle 3-way situations.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be no problem, but we need computer help. Doesn't SNGWiz support custom payout structures as well as 3-handed problems? I recall in contrast to SngPT it claims to handle 3-way situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing we need a computer to do is run hand ranges against each other. That means we have to put Kravchenko and Khan on hand ranges first before trying to do anything about what Rahme should be calling with.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 PM

Slim, are you doing ICM or just cEV?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be pretty easy to do both, and pretty silly to just do cEV if you're going to go to the trouble of figuring out the impact of the side pot on things.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:42 PM

So, are we now saying that BB should have called with AQ, or not?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am using the ICM to calculate prize pool equities.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing we need a computer to do is run hand ranges against each other. That means we have to put Kravchenko and Khan on hand ranges first before trying to do anything about what Rahme should be calling with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know. Why not use the top 30% for Alex and 10% for Khan as an approximation.