Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Defending Your Blinds

I can see through pure math and hatred of money that a fold here can be good. But at these stakes it is wrong to fold here.

No read on villian. Well now is our chance to get one by 3-betting, or playing postflop.

I like the 3bet for obvious reasons, and I probably do it 50% of the time here, depending on my mood.

When I think about it though. I like a call the best. Simply because people at these limits play terrible in 3bet preflop pots. For example:

He has KK and opens on the button, I reraise with my AJs. Flop is Axxr. I lead for pot...he tanks, and pushes because he cant fold KK in a reraised pot. Now Im folding, kiss goodbye to the money. But thats just one example.

If we call. The postflop play is very easy. We are well ahead of his range, and our position is not bad at these stakes, I dont mind being OOP of preflop raiser.

Axxr flop, we c/c flop. c/f largish turn bet. Value bet river.

K/Qxxr flop, c/f flop. Lead/fold turn. check river if we miss. (we get info here, and could easily split)

Jxxr flop, check raise flop-fold to 3bet, pot control pot control pot control if he calls.

Draws, check raise flop-fold to push, double gutters, and flush draws.

xxxr flop, raise or check raise, probably check raise to get that cbet outta him.

If this gets felted we now know villian. If it doesn't you have just created a great image.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:11 PM

as Tien..............RAISE THAT (CENSORED) UP!...otherwise if u dont trust ur post flop play ....fold
Old 02-10-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> Assume 100BB effective stacks and Button is unknown</font>

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1</font>, Hero ?

<font color="green">Please give a reason for why you chose either fold/call/raise</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

HERO calls and leads any flop. Assuming no read that button will call with air. His range includes enough non-pairs to make it an autobet I think... Players don't bluff raise with air enough to make a bet suck here