Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:58 PM

Default I am a luckbox. Barely too much content for the no-content thread.

I went down to the park today, and played during the 'Aces never lose' promotion. (if you get your aces cracked, you get $75, which if you are playing 8-16, is usually kind of a bitter consolation prize.) I think pokerbob was in the four seat for a while, while I folded 63o, j4o, T6o, and such for about an hour and a half.

Ok, to the three hands little content hands that got me the chips that I left with (even better, slightly more than I bought in for).

UTG I open raise with Black JJ. CC(Coldcaller) calls, because that is what he does when I raise. SB calls, because that is what he does when anyone raises.

Flop Q64, twotone, and all black. SB checks, I bet, CC calls, SB calls.

Turn, K, making it two clubs, and two spades. I bet again. CC thinks and folds. SB calls.

River T of spades. Maybe every draw out there just got there.

SB checks, I think, check, table my hand. MHIG, and CC says, I folded the other two jacks because of the two over cards.

Two lose limpers, and a semigood player raises from the button, another loose call from the SB, and I complete with 55 in the BB both limpers call. Five to the flop.

Which is, QQ3 rainbow. SB checks, I check, limpers check, and the button bets, it feels like its a 'continuation-god I hope you all fold-or at least give me a freecard on the turn bet', SB folds, I raise, UTG folds, and the really loose guy calls like I stole his play, and the button calls. I am as sure as I can be, that I am behind the loose guy, and ahead of the button.

Turn, 5 putting two diamonds on the board. (Now I do think I'm in the lead.)

I bet, Loose guy calls, and the button makes a crying call.

River, 7 I bet, LG thinks and thinks, and finally calls. Button folds.

Which street am I most dissapointed in my play?

Ok on the third hand, several players have just joined this game, or returned from lobbying. Both of my adjacent opponents, are smokers, and they smell like they each smoked three cigarettes in the five minutes they are gone. Anyway, there are blinds posted all over the table, and maybe one player limps, the player to my right checks, and I call in the hijack with K7 of clubs. The CO checks, the button calls, and SB calls, and the BB checks.

Flop is K76 twotone two hearts, and one club, and it is checked to the player to my right, who bets, and I call, loose guy (from the hand above) calls on the button, and the BB calls.

Turn 2 Clubs. BB checks, RHO bets, I raise, LG folds, BB calls, and RHO folds. I am pretty certain that the BB is on some kind of draw, I don't know if its hearts, or a straight draw, but I've already decided to check a heart or card that makes a straight with 76 on the river.

River, J of hearts. BB checks, I check. He says ' I can't possibly win' so he must have been on the straight draw. I show my hand, and get pushed the pot, and RHO says that he folded KJ.

I thought about it, and I am pretty sure if I raise the flop, he just calls me down and makes to the river to win the hand.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: I am a luckbox. Barely too much content for the no-content thread.

i don't get your beef with any of the streets in hand 2. as far as "most disappointed" goes, i guess i would be disappointed i didn't get to bet/3bet the turn or river. but i think you played the hand well/standard. i would c/r that flop in a heartbeat given the size of the pot.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: I am a luckbox. Barely too much content for the no-content thread.

[ QUOTE ]
i don't get your beef with any of the streets in hand 2. as far as "most disappointed" goes,

[/ QUOTE ]

The vibe I was getting at the table after the flop action, was that he had a crappy queen, and was thinking each time about raising me. He did have trips after all, but he also was concerned that I had a better kicker, because he knew that I played a lot tighter than he did.

I think the flop checkraise was the way to go. when I got called by the LG, I knew I had a problem until I caught on the turn. I like the turn bet, because I think I still have a chance of getting three bets in there, but when he just calls the turn, I think the situation is perfect for a river 'sexy'. I know that he wants to bet, but he is concerned about my action. If I allow him to bet, he is probably going to step in, and I have a good chance to win two bets on the river. I also think that that might get me some cheaper showdowns in the future in similar sequences.