Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rate her.
1 4 0.64%
2 2 0.32%
3 4 0.64%
4 12 1.92%
5 34 5.43%
6 139 22.20%
7 250 39.94%
8 144 23.00%
9 34 5.43%
10 3 0.48%
Voters: 626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: ship the 5.5k

for a lot of reasons this is such a great post.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm were you wearing a bunch of full tilt gear,

[/ QUOTE ]

Please just slit my wrists for me instead of accusing me of something like that.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ah good story... what day was this!?

Oh and i saw PJ playing 40 today! He was bragging to some guy from the boards apparently, i forgot his name, but you were wearing a Texas Longhorns hat. I played with you the past few days in a row... i asked you about bay101 and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bragging? Nonsense. The only things I remember saying to bdaddy were "Wow I played that bad" and "this is horrible, I need to rack up."

I eeked out a small profit in the 40 after being up over a rack for most of the session.

I lost half a rack in a hand where I raised a fishy limper with KK, flop Q92 two hears (I have the Kh) and we go 5 bets on the flop, I bet the 8 turn, river is another 8 and now he donks. I make the confused call and he turns over Th8h. Hyachachahcah. I wish he'd made his flush instead and I wouldn't be bitching as much (at least make the gutter, dude, not running 8s for the love of Christ).

bdaddy plays well. Funniest hand was when he had Jd2d in the BB, the flop was like J9x with one diamond, he check-calls a LAGgy bluffer type, and the turn is the Kd. bdaddy checkraises, but LAG 3-bets. bdaddy calls, and the river pairs the 9, no diamond. bdaddy checks intending to fold but the LAG checks behind. bdaddy says "Jack." LAG goes "jack?!" and mucks his hand.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:08 AM

Ugh ugh ugh ugh. I shouldn't have even looked at my graph. 140-hour breakeven stretch:

Making 31 cents per hour over 2 months is so gross. Good thing I'm also working full time...
Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 AM

Good story, Shawn.

Briefly, I was playing 20-40 at the Mirage with a bunch of "pros". The guy in question has repeatedly called ace-high flops with no pair/no draw and calls down any pair, in general.

Anyway, this guy who is raising so often in LP on my immediate right I have no choice but to 3bet 22. Blinds call, 4 to the flop for 12SB. SB (the guy) donks. BB calls, fold, I give him a hateful glare and call (there is no doubt in my mind that SB has a king, I'm actually giving him credit for KQ). Turn is the lovely 2. Bet, call, I raise, call, call. The river is an ace. I'm concerned enough about JT, that I let the river check through, and MHIG. SB shows KJ and looks at me with this pained, disbelieving expression and says, "how could you call that flop!"
Old 11-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Also, you see so few hands lives.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bdaddy plays well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the turn is the Kd. bdaddy checkraises,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great example of a play TAGs make that is almost always really bad. Also, the guy said "jack?" very surprised because he expected to be beat by a king, and he was upset with himself for not bluffing the river because I bet bdaddy would have folded.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-18-2007, 01:28 PM

CSC, you don't tell us the flop but we can piece it together pretty easily. This story scares me because I think you played every street terribly except the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-18-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: ship the 5.5k

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I break out in the running man which I am somewhat ashamed to say that I still do pretty well.

[/ QUOTE ]

video or it didn't happen

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the makings of a challenge. You put up the money, I put up the video. Maybe the mid stakes players pitch in to make this worth my time.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:48 PM

the fold on the river wouldve been the bad part imo. once he commits to the call of the turn reraise he should see the hand through most of the time against a lag.
Closed Thread