Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Degen/Rakeaid.com/Rakereport.net Banned

lol
Old 03-05-2007, 07:54 PM

It's about time. Degen was a scumbag spammer. I don't care how many popular threads he started. He clearly violated the T&C of the forums.

There's nothing I hate more than people PMing me with rakeback offers or other spam that I never asked for. In fact, Degen PMed me offering Party rakeback when I had recently posted that I hated Party and never wanted to play there again.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:17 AM

two plus two has gotten too big - IMHO
Old 03-06-2007, 01:33 PM

Full-disclosure disclaimer: I get RB from Degen

I've had nothing but positive interactions with him. Always been paid on time; good communication; Rakeaid site is good.
This is really neither here nor there, i suppose, with respect to his actions on this forum, which i haven't really followed as closely as the rest of you.
If he violated forum rules with respect to advertising/solicitation/proper-decorum, well that's a decision to be made by the mods, and i guess it has been made, end of story.
But speaking purely as a customer, no complaints whatsoever here.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full-disclosure disclaimer: I get RB from Degen

I've had nothing but positive interactions with him. Always been paid on time; good communication; Rakeaid site is good.
This is really neither here nor there, i suppose, with respect to his actions on this forum, which i haven't really followed as closely as the rest of you.
If he violated forum rules with respect to advertising/solicitation/proper-decorum, well that's a decision to be made by the mods, and i guess it has been made, end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this. I am a high volume player now (>5k MGR), but have been with Degen since I was low MGR microstakes and I have had nothing but positive experiences with him. I have received all of my payments on time and fairly timely responses to his emails (and he now offers free CR memberships for >2.5k MGR) and a specific email address for high vol/vip players.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard this several times. The 2+2 reasons have nothing to do with whether he pays or not.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:18 PM

I think this post in ATF which quotes Falang, Degen's biggest supporter in this matter (or another account of Degen himself, according to some), brings a nice, neat conclusion to the saga:

[ QUOTE ]
Falang, why did you delete your last post?

For those that missed it:

It really wasn't just one thing Evan. Any of them by themselves wouldn't have lead to a banning.

Degen takes full responsibility and after talking to Nation last night on AIM actually agree's with the decision himself now.

All of the spamming stopped over a year ago, though it did take place at that time. He was banned then and given another chance.

About a month ago he attacked some other affiliates in A/R and was given another chance.

There are a host of other non-tangible things that aren't necessarily banworthy as stand alone offenses, but coupled with the rest of this it just seems the mod's just kind of had enough of his BS.

One of these was that he owned RakeReport.net and tried to keep it a secret that he owned RakeAid.com and secretly listed RakeAid.com at the top of RakeReport.net, and 'unbiased' rakeback directory. This was a pretty shady move on his part and pissed a lot of people off.

He also recently made some racist remarks in OOT about blacks. He also made a pretty stupid thread in the El D forum that pissed some people off.

He has also had probably 10 gnome accounts on 2+2, some of which have been used to spam and or troll...all of this in relation to his affiliate businesses.

It even makes sense to me now.

Lets all just go on with our lives.

So, um, why did you start this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-07-2007, 12:53 AM

so does this mean that newbies shouldn't sign up with RakeAid and that RakeAid will be soon added to the rogue list? Or is this just a simple banning on 2p2 and in no way does this question RakeAid's integrity or business?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As has been stated, this was a community decision, which was discussed extensively before action was taken. If you don't want to believe that, it's up to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-07-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so does this mean that newbies shouldn't sign up with RakeAid and that RakeAid will be soon added to the rogue list? Or is this just a simple banning on 2p2 and in no way does this question RakeAid's integrity or business?

[/ QUOTE ]

You just had testimonials (100% unsolicited) from two high volume players saying that the service is fine. In all of the heat RakeAid and Degen have taken, nobody has said anything different.

Degen made some poor decisions about how to interact with an internet community. RakeAid is managed in a very professional and organized way and this will continue.