Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Stoxtrader is \"In the Well\"

It is easy to put players in a class such as fish or lag but harder to subdivide these category's and develop a plan to exploit the specific weaknesses. Can you please explain your thought processes on finding and exploiting specific weaknesses?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:38 AM

Hey Stox,

I am curious as to what you meant when you said that in videos you play a style that is good for videos but not necessarily the best.

Did you simply mean that in videos you try to play the best "ABC" game so everyone can learn well (such as not making moves or taking into account metagame considerations?), or were you alluding to something else?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you play at the highest limit LHE 6-max games online and are a steady winner there. You say you play 5/10-100/200NL. Do you ever play at the biggest NL games at FTP if you see a good table? Is being a winner at the highest NL games something you want to be able to do, or do you plan to stick to the 5/10-100/200 games because you can find (relatively) softer games there, and earning lots of money with little risk is more important to you than trying to be more balla than everyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

trying to be balla is definitely not important, but I'm also not scared of leaving money on the table in return for risk. The reason I'm not a regular in the 100/200 and 200/400 NL games is mostly because I don't want to keep 7 figures online. It also remains to be seen if my game makes me a proven winner at those limits. We may never know, I do have approx 10k hands at the two limits together and have done passable.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you a winner lifetime in HU LHE in 30/60+?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, substantially so.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
zomg stox. pls write a shorthanded nl book. i bought your limit book even though i only play nl hoping to frankenstein some of the concepts etc. but obvi if you wrote one catered to nl it would be much better...

[/ QUOTE ]

this might be possible. It will be a lot of work and I'm still struggling with the committment, but if I started writing one now it would be completed middle of 2008.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Acquire!

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE this game...hu Acquire for rollz? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If you could, describe your process for taking significant jumps in stakes. It seems the progression up to low-middle limits is reasonably easy, but there seems to be a quantum leap between say NL200 and NL400 and/or 10/20 -15/30 or 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

acquire is a sweet game for sure, there is an internet version now but I'm not sure if it is exactly the same.

moving up in stakes.....hmmmm well, once you are profitable enough at a certain limit that limit pales in comparison to your bankroll it's a good indicator you can try to move up.

Two important things I did was datamine the next limit up and diligently table select. the biggest jumps for me really were 100/200 LHE to 300/600 LHE (why do the stakes get farther apart as you get higher? 200/400 rarely went). and also from 10/20 LN to 25/50 NL, it's definitely a high variance move because a bad run can be devestating, but using a strict stoploss can help in this regard...
Old 10-17-2007, 10:57 AM

What's needed for a winning player at 400NL 6-max to move up to 600NL+ ? I have dabbled into higher stakes, but every time I feel like why am I putting myself into these pressure cooker situations? Does building a comfortable BR for higher stakes help? What was your approach to moving up in stakes?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:25 AM

How far up can you be a winning player in NL with a TAG
kind of nitty style who plays his cards well but don't make too many moves but is very agressive and value bets and raises his own good hands and draws. With a lot of stealing pre too.

A style like 20/14/3.5 and 30% stealing.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:42 AM

who do you think is THE best limit player int he world?

and rate these players, with grades or in order:

Erik Sagström
Tore Lagerborg
texasLimitKing
David Benyamine
Freedom 25
Joe Cassidy
Patrik Antonius
Bengt Sonnert
Stoxtrader

also im now pretty much killing 5/10 shorthanded limit, what do u think is a good and what is an exceptional winrate at this level?
and for headsup?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:19 PM

Hi Stox, great thread.
I just want to know the impact of moving from wallstreet to full time poker had on your family, what were their views, was there a transition from uncertainty to full support? How did your friends view this move? Have you seen players unsuccefully make the transition? If so, what were their downfalls?
Also, how much live play have you experienced before making the transition into full time poker? How much live play do you experience now?
Thanks!