Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

Here's a suggestion, what about gathering all the info and creating a Wiki?

There you could present the timeline of events, the people involved, the accounts involved, the structure of the AP company, all the statements issued so far etc...

Following this has been fascinating.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:12 PM

All,

See previous threads where I explained how AP would respond to this, which is pretty much exactly what they did: OMG, sorry guys, thanks for letting us know, won't happen again!!!!

And they'll keep repeating the same crap until it stops being a major news focus. And when adanthar, Nat, druff, and others have moved on, Absolute will be bringing in people from industry publications for lavish parties and trips that include tours of their new ultra-high security audited facilities, leading to glowing reviews of how Absolute has come out as much stronger and more reliable.

2+2ers will stay away and laugh at the idiots who believe that crap and play there, until word gets around of the soft games, at which time a few 2+2ers will play there and get scoffed at. But after a while, people will see them winning big, and follow them over there. NH, Absolute.

It's a war of attrition here, and Absolute is going to win.

"let you know what we know so far in order to set the record straight, and to assure you of AP’s commitment to player security."

Trust us, we are all about security!

"comments, opinions, and theories of what occurred – some of which are accurate, and some that are not."

Don't believe those wackos on the forums!

"Like you, I have not been happy that during the initial stage of our investigation, AP has not been more forthcoming in providing a timely or comprehensive explanation on this matter"

We're not admitting we lied and tried to cover things up, just maybe could have been a little more open I guess. Sorry!

"this remains an incredibly complex and sensitive issue, and I want to give you my strongest possible assurance that we will be as forthcoming as possible on how this breach occurred and what we are doing to remedy the situation."

Very complicated stuff here, so understand we can't tell you everything, of course!

"This disclosure of the hand logs prompted our customers to determine that a more serious security breach had occurred. We immediately launched an internal investigation and also requested a formal audit by Gaming Associates, an acknowledged world-wide expert in audits, interactive gaming tests, and information security."

We launched an investigation immediately, we did not say that this was impossible and try to sweep it under the rug, no, nope, no how, no way did we lie and try to cover this up, didn't happen, your memory is wrong!

"Based upon our preliminary findings, it appears that the integrity of our poker system was compromised by a high-ranking trusted consultant employed by AP whose position gave him extraordinary access to certain security systems."

No, nope, we didn't at all say that it was an employee doing testing to illustrate a flaw, no, nope, no how, now way did we lie and try to cover up a second time with yet another made up story, didn't happen, your memory is wrong!

"this consultant devised a sophisticated scheme to manipulate internal systems to access third-party computers and accounts to view hole cards of other customers during play without their knowledge."

This story, this sophisticated scheme by a consultant, THIS is the real story, and what we've been saying all along. Trust us on this, no way would we ever make up a fake story to cover up the fact that we were ripping you off, no, no way we would ever do something like this, we are your trusted and secure online poker friend!

"We consider this security breach to be a horrendous and inexcusable offense."

Sorry guys!

"it appears at this time that all account holders are innocent of collusion and were unaware of any wrong-doing by the consultant, who was immediately terminated."

OK, like I said, just that one bad consultant, all Absolute people are 100% truthful and innocent and would never lie or steal or cheat, you can trust Absolute. Bad consultant, bad consultant! You can't trust those damn consultants, AMIRITE?

"Please be assured that we have corrected the problem that allowed the system to be unfairly manipulated. We are working furiously to increase the safeguards within our systems. While we are satisfied that our systems are secured, we realize that our security systems must be continuously monitored and enhanced."

Everything's cool now, guys! But we're gonna make it even more secure. YAY SECURITY, YAY ABSOLUTE, COME ON GUYS, CAN WE GET AN AMEN? YAY SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Without question, this incident has been unfortunate for all concerned, and we will emerge as a stronger company."

Sorry again guys, but this is ALL FOR THE BEST!!!

"our valued customers have played a vital role in uncovering this scheme through various online forums and have become an active part of the solution. With my full sincerity, I thank you"

Guys, seriously, it's all thanks to you guys that our security is becoming so awesome now. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, you guys are awesome. Everyone at Absolute loves you guys, thanks, you rule! Sorry again, you guys rule! OK, now let's go play poker and forget about all this nonsense!
Old 10-21-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hopefully this statement pisses off the leakers at absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the Enron case that happened a few years ago, didn't they initially audit themselves that turned up to be a bogus audit?

[/ QUOTE ] AP is [censored] imo. thats statement just shows how [censored] up it all is. kanawhake comission is just a name only toothless organisation. all the major sites have the kanawhake symbol on it as if it somehow means they are providing some kind of kosha safe service. like kite mark of quality. if i was stars and ftp i would be distancing myself from these (cowboys) pardon pun
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 02:16 PM

kawanahke is actually (*now*) legitimate and will remain that way from this point on.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:17 PM

ad,

"kawanahke is actually (*now*) legitimate and will remain that way from this point on."

How on earth are you qualified to make a statement like that?

Did they REALLY send over that Serinda chick to bang you?
Old 10-21-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the Enron case that happened a few years ago, didn't they initially audit themselves that turned up to be a bogus audit?

[/ QUOTE ]

The auditor was Arthur Andersen. The "big four" accounting firms that have been mentioned in this thread used to be the "big five".
Old 10-21-2007, 02:18 PM

el d,

it's surprising *how many* sources I have and how much completely irrelevant factoids I know about completely random Canadian Indians at this point.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:20 PM

Might aswell drop a few mini-dramabombs imo Adanthar.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ad,

"kawanahke is actually (*now*) legitimate and will remain that way from this point on."

How on earth are you qualified to make a statement like that?

Did they REALLY send over that Serinda chick to bang you?

[/ QUOTE ]i was just pointing out the massive conflict of interest/non action of the comission
Closed Thread