Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 11:03 AM

Default KK - turn card bleh, played correctly?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($9.60)
MP ($11.55)
CO ($11.55)
Button ($4.35)
SB ($10.95)
Hero ($9.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.45</font>, CO calls $1.

Flop: ($2.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, CO calls $2.

Turn: ($6.85) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6.4 (All-In)</font>, CO calls $6.40.

River: ($3.55) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $19.65

No real reads on villain. From his raise preflop and call on the flop I was thinking AQ or KQ, POSSIBLY a flush draw. If he had the AQ/KQ of hearts I would think that he would play it aggressively since most players at this level go nuts for that [censored]

I shoved the turn rather than checking because if I had checked I would have been in a tough spot since I doubt he'll check behind. Also I shoved because if he did indeed have AQ or KQ, I would get him to commit since my shove was a pretty big bet, looked sort of like a bluff.

Should I have played this hand more conservatively? I honestly didn't like my play too much because I was a little scared when I shoved the turn, I was pushing hoping he didn't have the flush, or even the straight (though unlikely he'll call a reraise with KJ, but I gues you never know).
Old 10-02-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: KK - turn card bleh, played correctly?

Yeah, if you decide to go with it, I think it's fine. If he has AhQx, JhJx or something he's still gonna call, but may not call a river bet. I think it's fine.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:22 AM

i prob. bet a little more on the flop if i'm committed to the hand $2.50- $2.75ish. turn push is good, i prob. do the same thing
Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 AM

nothing you can really do oop - chaulk it up to variance and reload
Old 10-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Well opponent did have <font color="white">&lt; AQ, one heart &gt; </font> but I didn't feel too good about pushing the turn. Thinking back on it, it sort of felt reckless to me. Would you be able to lay this down?
Old 10-02-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well opponent did have <font color="white">&lt; AQ, one heart &gt; </font> but I didn't feel too good about pushing the turn. Thinking back on it, it sort of felt reckless to me. Would you be able to lay this down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much never in a 3-bet pot.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:28 PM

You played fine. I would have bet a bit more on the flop though since there are a lot of draws out there.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:53 PM

If your committed to the hand anyway, and your pretty sure hes betting turn I much prefer check/call AI, than just shoving turn.

Shoving turn folds out exactly no better hands, and you let some worse hands that were betting if checked to off the hook, and if he has the flush or straight so be it, you were getting it in either way.

Its not always automatically bad to play a hand in such a way that has you calling all in, when your not sure you have the best hand.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your committed to the hand anyway, and your pretty sure hes betting turn I much prefer check/call AI, than just shoving turn.

Shoving turn folds out exactly no better hands, and you let some worse hands that were betting if checked to off the hook, and if he has the flush or straight so be it, you were getting it in either way.

Its not always automatically bad to play a hand in such a way that has you calling all in, when your not sure you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't bet here usually, I'm pretty sure.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I shoved the turn rather than checking because if I had checked I would have been in a tough spot since I doubt he'll check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

My replys based mostly on this part of OP FYI