Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Junk in BB vs EP limper

Everything debatable. No particular read, he is a semi loose fish and semi passive

5/10 party

UTG limps, folded to Hero with 6spade: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG checks

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls
Old 09-10-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Junk in BB vs EP limper

A lot of loose fish pick up lots of small pots from the blinds like this. They limp, you miss, they bet, you fold.

This is a drawy flop and you have a pretty crappy hand. If you had an overcard kicker I might donk or c/r. I might pay to see the turn, but I'd probably not bother.

With bottom pair, no kicker, no draws, and no chance to push the fish of any part of the board, together with the chance you're behind or against many outs with no idea where you are, I'd fold.

+ it's a tiny pot not worth squabbling over.

Call me a nit.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:48 AM

fold flop. If you wanted to play against this player you should bet, but I usually don't bother playing pots like this. Think of it like this. If he had raised pf as he should you wouldn't be at the flop at all, you loose nothing by folding, but if you hit a good hand on flop with a weak pf holding you get a freeroll...
Old 09-10-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Think of it like this. If he had raised pf as he should you wouldn't be at the flop at all, you loose nothing by folding, but if you hit a good hand on flop with a weak pf holding you get a freeroll...

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of it as whether or not it's +EV to continue from this point on, it doesn't matter that he handed you some EV earlier by open limping.

I think we have roughly 50% equity on the flop so I'd lead planning on betting most turn cards. Check/calling just leads to confusion on the turn. As played river is good.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Think of it like this. If he had raised pf as he should you wouldn't be at the flop at all, you loose nothing by folding, but if you hit a good hand on flop with a weak pf holding you get a freeroll...

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of it as whether or not it's +EV to continue from this point on, it doesn't matter that he handed you some EV earlier by open limping.

I think we have roughly 50% equity on the flop so I'd lead planning on betting most turn cards. Check/calling just leads to confusion on the turn. As played river is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't really serious Sharpie [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 09-10-2007, 08:46 AM

I don't see how it could be correct to fold the flop. We are ahead well over 50% of the time.
Call the flop and donk the turn, if he's loose-passive like you're saying. When he fires back throw it away, when called bet-fold the river.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how it could be correct to fold the flop. We are ahead well over 50% of the time.
Call the flop and donk the turn, if he's loose-passive like you're saying. When he fires back throw it away, when called bet-fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If your plan is to put 1 bet in on the flop and 1 bet in on the turn then leading the flop is much better than check/calling.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If your plan is to put 1 bet in on the flop and 1 bet in on the turn then leading the flop is much better than check/calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you back this up with any so-called facts

btw I think OP played this perfectly.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can you back this up with any so-called facts

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a disaster when we check and villain checks behind with a worse hand. We lose value and give him a free chance to win the pot.