Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM

Default QJo in BB

UTG is laggy, 50/30/1 but not supershowdownbound. I've showdowend good hands the last few orbits.

I'm unsure of every street.

party 10/20 6 handed

Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG raises, folded to Hero, Hero calls

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero check/calls planning to check call turn UI, cr if I improve

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checkraises, UTG calls ( Decided to stab at the A. Worth it? Donk better?)

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero check/folds
Old 09-13-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: QJo in BB

Since you check raised the turn I would donk the river and hope he is on heart or diamond FD or has K10 Q10 QJ KJ str8 draws and will fold.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:29 PM

Got to bet the river.

Donking, check/calling, and check/raising turn are all reasonable. I like flop c/c.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 PM

i'm with scary. c/r'ing the turn with the intention of c/f'ing the river UI is a terrible line vs. a guy who is probably bet/calling hands as bad as 67o on the turn. There are diamonds he can have too.

His range on the flop is basically the same as his range on the turn since America's Greatest Bluff Card showed up. Keep that in mind.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:47 AM

There's two flushdraws on the turn and this guy's range is wide enough to incorporate most straight draws. All this means that a river bluff after this action should be a profitable play so your check/fold river line is a mistake IMO.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:24 PM

I like the way you played this other than the lack of a river bet. He might even fold a hand like 9x of hearts here, I think you have pretty credibly represented an ace or better and if he is multitabling or disctracted he might have missed how many draws blanked. Plus all the times he has KJ KQ etc you get the pot. I think your read favors a riverbet as well, since it seems as though he is loose enough to get to river with a lot of marginal hands/draws, so why not put in that last bet? If he calls it thinly it will at least help your image and get this guy to pay off all sorts of hands later.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:20 PM

i agree with scary tiger if you check raise that turn betting the river is an absolute must. how are you gonna feel when if you check the river and he checks behind with KQd?