Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Stars

For the last 1000sngs on stars I hardly win 1of 6 AIs where im not a big favourite. And these are the periods when Im lucky, I just went threw 2months where i won not even 1 of 10. So Im asking for your experience, does stars suddenly just start hating some players and keep them from winning, expecially when theyve won before? AND does it ever stop over there?
I know im a ok player, Ive had a higher ROI than any other ppl Ive seen on both stars and pacific on those limits im playing. The sick thing is that i havent lost that much during this period at all, but thats because I get so many 80/20 and 75/25 situations where I actually can win a few.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Stars

I had the same experience as you. I recently readjusted all my online bankrolls and ended up withdrawing about $3000 from Stars leaving me with around $800. I went about my usual $20 or $30 SnGs. In the week after my withdraw, I ended at $85. So I have asked myself the same question as you did. My poker didn't change and I have made mostly good decisions. However, I had so many 4rths that it ate at me quite a bit. The last one was classic. 4 players left, one big stack three mediums and the blinds are high (M~4). I get 99 in SB and push. Big stack BB flips over KK.

I had to move to $16 turbos (which I now really like) and have built back up to about $400.

So I do hear you but I am trying very hard to convince myself it is all psychological and I can't let it interfere with my play. Also, I can't logically believe that Stars would somehow screw with players for whatever reason (like withdrawing a chunk of change).
Old 08-23-2007, 11:31 AM

Pokerstars is intressted in one thing: Make money. Sometimes it feels like they screw you over to make less competent players stick around/tell their friends about their new source of money thus generating more income for Stars. It's Highly unlikely though, since huge global corporations rarely give such obvious opportunities for people to kill their business.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:04 PM
 is offline

I have been on a downswing, breakeven, dowswing for the last 30k hands at stars. I was playing 100NL and beating it for about 4ptbb/100. I had to cash out 1/2 half of my bankroll and moved down to 50NL with 2200$. I have always defended online poker and don`t really think that it`s manipulated to let weaker players win once in a while. However, I`m not playing worse then before and it has been like this all month.

Never have I lost so many 80/20, unbelievable suckouts. getting 2nd best hand, set over sets, flop sets vs flopped st8, KK vs AA etc...

I really want to believe in online poker, but it has been 30k hands. I always review my sessions after playing, and beside small mistakes now and then and some tilting, everything looks ok. I just hope that my upswing will be just as extreme.

Btw, I`m have negative figures with AA,KK,JJ for this month, and I play them fast and aggro, not slowplaying or anything.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:58 PM

they have made one of my least favorite hands AK. i think i have only won with that hand 1-10 times it seems. i have started to dread it as much as JJ.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:15 AM

I am really feeling you on this one. Only thing u can do is try to avoid allin. Once u hit allin its just gambling, no matter what hand u have. It seems to me most of the time AA loose against a runner runner flush and that kind of jokes.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:40 PM

I love stars... you guys just suck....
haha jk but what are your Roi's?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always defended online poker and don`t really think that it`s manipulated to let weaker players win once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

the game of poker is designed so that the weaker players win once in a while. 30k isn't even that many hands so just stick it out. also u may want to tone down ur aggression a bit at .25/.50. i don't really know how aggro u r but being too aggressive at .25/.50 is a recipe for disaster.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:38 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have always defended online poker and don`t really think that it`s manipulated to let weaker players win once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

the game of poker is designed so that the weaker players win once in a while. 30k isn't even that many hands so just stick it out. also u may want to tone down ur aggression a bit at .25/.50. i don't really know how aggro u r but being too aggressive at .25/.50 is a recipe for disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I`m actualy pretty passive 19/13/2