Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: weak-tight or standard flop c/c?

I would call the flop because you're closing the action and it should be pretty easy to get away on the turn. However there are definitely good arguments for folding as you can very easily be drawing basically dead or have some sketchy 2.5-outer that will face a half-deck redraw on the river if you improve to nines up. Also, while there are really obvious cards to fold on the turn (ten of clubs), pretty much nothing in the deck is a card you want to see, so you may end up making a poor fold or a bad calldown and it will be tough to realize which, being OOP. I can't fault a fold too much.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:56 PM

fwiw, the BB was slightly overaggressive, and everyone else was awful. something i neglected to mention.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 PM

Unfortunatly, by taking this line you've pretty much announced your hand as weak, making it a target for tricky players.

I'd prefer to just bet the flop and asses what to do when the action comes back to me , it may be a personal preference but I feel like I get more information this way.. If your not comfortable you are ahead/behind, you'll at least know to fold on certain scare cards on future streets. It's pretty close however compared to the way you played it.
BTW in a full ring I'd probabily just give it up. In short handed games you get a lot of 50-60 VPIP players that can just have a pair here like K7 etc.. Your ahead more than in a ring game..

The river depends on how many playeres there are, so it's not entirely card dependent.
Heads up I'll often check/call any card that doesnt improve us.. Three/way+ Ill often bet fold any rag card... and check/fold the scare cards.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:17 PM

I like the flop check with the intention of raising a bet from LP
Old 07-25-2007, 01:31 PM

good play so far,river i like to bet even overcard will come,and give it up if someone raises
Old 07-25-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop check with the intention of raising a bet from LP

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Also, I think I fold preflop in a 2/5 or 1/3 blind structure. yeah, yeah zillion to one, but too often you're going to be in spots just like this, which suck.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:46 PM

but it's soooooooooted

ongame is 1/2 structure so I dunno what's up with the converter if OP really plays there
Old 07-25-2007, 02:05 PM

the converter im using is in the beta stages and still screwy.

it's a clear call PF given that it's suited and that is is indeed 7 to 1 PF. i hate a flop bet a bet for reasons people have already stated. the CO and button are really horrible and i have them both beat on the turn about 60-70% of the time imo. also, no one in the game is smart enough to see what im doing. the games you guys play in are too tough =D.