Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: I cant access the MM+B forum.

Degen returns?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is there any significant dialog happening with this subject in the mod only forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at the moment. They were just merged like 3 days ago.

[ QUOTE ]
If the decision is made will you guys be able to give us some a time line for when the separation would occur?

[/ QUOTE ]
If the decision is made, sure. Right now, no.

[ QUOTE ]
Does 2p2 management recognize the value that the old MMB provided to their customers?

[/ QUOTE ]
You'll have to ask Mat or one of the other admins that. I was opposed to the merger but the decision was made before I was made mod and there were bigger issues going on with the upgrade/downgrade/possible reupgrade

[ QUOTE ]
What will it take to get the forum back?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know. Maybe make enough quality threads in the merged for to make it clear it would function better as a stand alone forum? I know you guys think I'm a raging lunatic for not thinking the old MMB forum was a goldmine, but obviously my opinion is not that lonely. I wanted to be mod because I thought the forum could be improved. I made that very clear to Mat when we were talking about it. That's great if you like what the forum was, but that doesn't mean there's not a whole lot of unrealized potential.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan was a horrible choice as mod of MMB. He is a finance guy. He would make a fine mod for Finance, but from his statements in this thread it is painfully obvious he understands very little about internet marketing or entrepreneurship.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you're expecting me to fight for your approval or something. I don't have much interest in arguing this with you, especially since I have a feeling you're not going to last long around here.

[ QUOTE ]
MMB was a gold mine for networking and getting valuable information.

[/ QUOTE ]
MMB was the third best entrepreneurship forum I read. out of 3.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely bet that no one from this forum "hits it big" in the next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what your definition of Hit It Big is but I make at least $20,000 per month more right now as a result of that forum.

I know others have had similar success.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While that's great and $240,000/year is a lot of money, no I would not consider that hitting it big. Are you serious?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:32 AM

That also doesnt mean that instead of growing it you are [censored] it up.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

MMB was the third best entrepreneurship forum I read. out of 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel so poorly about the forum, why did you want to moderate it? It seems very obvious to me that the real reason was because you wanted to mod finance, and now thats what you do.

As I said, you would be a great mod for that forum. You clearly know your stuff when it comes to stocks and markets etc etc. Though many disagree with you on the quality of MMB and it seems to me that their voice should mean something.

It wasn't a top notch forum...yet. It was certainly headed that way though, with the more experienced marketers finally coming out of their shell's and revealing information.

I'd be happy to mod the forum if they bring it back [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Might even be interested in sponsoring it if I get to run the banners.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:12 AM

Degan,

[ QUOTE ]
]why did you want to moderate it? It seems very obvious to me that the real reason was because you wanted to mod finance, and now thats what you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I wanted to be mod because I thought the forum could be improved." I don't know how many more times I can say that I was opposed to the forums being merged. If you just don't want to believe that then I'm not sure what to say. How about some screen shots of me saying that int he mod forum, would that make you happy?

[ QUOTE ]
Though many disagree with you on the quality of MMB and it seems to me that their voice should mean something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, okay. What do you want it to mean? No one's stopping anyone from saying what they think, certainly not me. It's not really up to me what those people's voices mean.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be happy to mod the forum if they bring it back

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say the chances of this are strong to quite strong.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:04 AM

I was against the forum merge for all the reasons already stated. However I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge and reading an MMB style thread every so often. Hopefully I will learn a thing or two and broaden my horizons.