Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 12:13 PM

Default QQ with A on flop

I'm not sure I handle these situations correctly. I bet the turn for a cheap showdown. Is that a reasonable line?

SB is 31/2.9/3.0 after 35 hands. UTG+2 is new.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises</font>, 4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10SB, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, hero checks.

Results:
Final pot: 8.5BB
Old 08-18-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: QQ with A on flop

Bet the river. Villain has been aggressive enough that he probably would have raised an ace somewhere along the line. There is a good likelihood he is in calldown mode with his pocket pair, KJs, or something like that. AQ/AT type hands are really our only worry at this point.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:33 PM

Since he's cold-called 3 pf from SB, the only thing he's calling with that I have beat is TT and maybe a few more pocket pairs. He's not calling with KJ so I don't see how I can bet the river for value.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:31 PM

Bet turn, check river costs the same as check turn, call river.

However, your turn bet will not allow your opponent to draw for free if you have the best hand. So, I think that betting the turn is better than checking behind.

Whether to value bet the river or not, when your opponent checks is another question.

Of course you know the result of this hand ! But, I think value betting this river would be reasonable. 35 hands is a small sample, but your opponent seems to be a bit loose.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:38 PM

i would check behind
he calls 2 cold
he is loose so he can have any middle Axs
Old 08-18-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since he's cold-called 3 pf from SB, the only thing he's calling with that I have beat is TT and maybe a few more pocket pairs. He's not calling with KJ so I don't see how I can bet the river for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you only have 35 hands, of which he's called nearly a third of, and since he has called 3 from the SB which is basically never correct, I don't think you can reasonably put him on any range at all.