Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: $3 Million Downsizing.............

lmao @ 15mil not being enough for 300/600
Old 07-23-2007, 10:16 AM

Even if Brian only had 10mil he would have been a fool not to play in the big games he was playing in. I heard some of the lineups on various nights and if I had 10mil I would have played honestly. I mean some guy that just sold his company for 8bil and "supposedly" had never played poker before. Playing in that game is a no brainer.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:18 AM

srugby made 15 million plus from poker in what, 2 years?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:30 AM

but in what game did he lose that much that he almost dropped his whole FTP account?
on highstakesdb this year:
NL hes still up 2M.
on PLO hes not one of the big loosers-side!
anyone knows??? and to whom did he lose his money?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:31 AM

anybody want to PM me the article? I know we cant post it live but I am at work and cardrunners is blocked...thanks,
Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, it's probably variance. But if one were to look for reasons, it could be the fact that he makes videos of himself playing and gives his opponents a feel for how he thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

He specifically addressed this by basically saying he changes his reraising range thus isn't giving anything away. I'm pretty sure many internet pros have signed up for some insight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't subscribe to cardrunners, but I've watched a few videos on stoxpoker and that's my basis for comparison. Unless he's perfect, there are holes in his thought processes. The thing about having holes in your thought processes is, you don't know what they are. But someone else listening can immediately say "that's flawed reasoning".

As for ranges, fine, he randomizes his own ranges. Does he narrate? How about the ranges he assigns to his opponents? Wouldn't it be nice to know what triggers him to assign you a range? What things he notes and doesn't note?

Meh, what do I know though. It sounds like he's lost a lot of this to Ivey anyway and Ivey probably couldn't care less.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but in what game did he lose that much that he almost dropped his whole FTP account?
on highstakesdb this year:
NL hes still up 2M.
on PLO hes not one of the big loosers-side!
anyone knows??? and to whom did he lose his money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know that winning players can sometimes make use of the "cash out" feature found in the cashier window of all poker sites? Perhaps he uses this mystical "cash out" feature regularly in order to invest his money wisely instead of letting hundreds of thousands of typically excess money sit around not gaining interest? Just a crazy theory I thought I'd throw out there, I'm probably way off though.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:46 AM

"I love being weighted on hand and foot."

WTF?!?!?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 AM

I wonder if he still considers himself the best NLHE player in the world? If he does then his arrogance astounds me...yet again.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So far he looked really honest to himself, humble (compared to BustedJ, CTS etc.) and showing good b/r management, but now I dunno. Please, Brian, move down a little, don't get affected by your swings and don't make others happy by a melt down a la Britney Spears. Play 25/50 for a little while, leave your ego at the door, and many more will be impressed. GL.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^ Agreed with OP.

This quote from Brian's blog concerns me most: "I have almost completely busted my FTP account and may have to wire more money which would be very depressing."

I thought he was smart enough to never ever let this happen. A few months ago he was on another downswing and wrote extensively about moving down limits to regain confidence etc etc. But this time you don't hear such a thing. He seems willing to play at current levels and bust his account only to reload.

I dunno but my theory is that playing in the big game for that long has caused some ego problems. We really need the old aba, he needs to take a good vacation to enjoy Santa Barbara, then when he comes back he needs to put his ego in check and play NL5k-NL10k and rebuild the roll.

It will be a very sad day if aba doesn't fix his game and burns out at the uber nosebleed stakes infront of our railbird eyes. I think we all genuinely like him and I don't want to see him go this way like many other chumps have in the past.