Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: A popular line today

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hate the 3bet preflop. I think that with hands like this, you should only be 3betting preflop if you are willing to felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

3betting 77 from sb vs a guy who knows what he is doing, i.e has a wide opening range OTB, cant be very bad.. 3betting this is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, yes. With a megafish on your left, no. Though I agree postflop it will stink acting after the pfr but before the fish. oh ewll.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:07 PM

I'm fine with this. Prefer letting fish in though obv.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:08 PM

megafish is on your left and the guy is reasonable on the button... 3betting is baaaaaaaad.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:29 PM

In retrospect, I agree with most that three betting with the fish in the bb wasn't the best move. Indeed, just after I did it, I regretted it. But the fact remains that I opted to and it's really the post flop play I'm wondering about.

Here are my general thoughts on the hand. Sure, if I think he's bluffing I can just call and maybe get more value out of my hand but I also get value towned by 88-TT (which he's making a huge mistake in bet/folding here but it's certainly conceivable).

Obv, it's a narrow range of better hands that I fold out here but combining that with the fact that he could be floating with overs or any other random junk, seems like he's able to either make me fold the best hand or play pretty much perfect from here on out.

Lastly, there's now $385 in the pot, of which, every dollar I'd like to ship to my stack. I mean, there's a certain threshold after which it doesn't matter if you're losing value if you have a very marginal hand, there's enough money in the pot and you have a good chance of taking it all isn't there?