Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:59 AM

Default c/r cbet here?

that was my plan with the check. the other guy calling made me feel wierd about it .

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $13.05
BTN: $9.30
Hero (SB): $9.90
BB: $10
UTG: $11.95

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.35</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds

Flop: ($1.15) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.15</font>, BTN calls $1.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.90</font>
Old 10-26-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: c/r cbet here?

I like it, although you probably have to fold if he pushes on you despite the odds youre going to be getting.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:05 AM

I don't like this at all.

UTG could just be messing around with AK, but I think there's a good chance he has JJ+, in which case we're drawing to 2 outs.

BTN's flat call confuses me here. There's no flush draw, and 10 J is the only straight draw that's realistic for him to have. IMO he's slowplaying a big hand (67, top 2, or a set).

I much prefer betting this flop and pretty much shutting down if we get called/raised.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 AM

Donking here in situations like this is terrible. Theres another thread very similar to this one going on now. Pretty much, if you donk with your hand, you MUST fold to any resistance. The problem with this is that if villain decides to turn his AK into a bluff, then he just got the best of you. Also, a donk takes away the villains ability to c-bet with air, which is not a good thing for us. The other option is c/c seeing as theres two villains in this hand. That option cant be too bad either, and it lets you re evaluate the turn depending on the texture and what villains do.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like this at all.

UTG could just be messing around with AK, but I think there's a good chance he has JJ+, in which case we're drawing to 2 outs.

BTN's flat call confuses me here. There's no flush draw, and 10 J is the only straight draw that's realistic for him to have. IMO he's slowplaying a big hand (67, top 2, or a set).

I much prefer betting this flop and pretty much shutting down if we get called/raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're seeing monsters under the bed. UTG's cbet could be anything from 22+/KQ+. Buttons call could be a nine/ten or something like JT or 76. No one's shown any real strength here so your hand is likely to be good. Now the question is, do we donk, c/c or c/r? I think I like a c/r better as long as UTG is going to cbet a lot. But as played the c/r needs to be bigger.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:27 AM

Like I said before, I think donking is the absolute worst of the 3 options. I guess I think it should be c/r&gt;&gt;c/c&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;donk.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:57 AM

I agree, donking turns your hand face up. Villains maybe pays you off with A9 for a bet or two, but you're OoP, bloating the pot, have no idea where you are, and villains are very prone to just raising donk-bets with overcards (in which case you get bluffed off for a large amount of chips).
I like the line you took but a read would make things easier. I also agree you have to fold for a shove even getting over 3:1, you're crushed by everything but UTG going nuts with AK.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:10 PM

my reasoning was that he is c betting almost always, and he likely has AK,AQ,AJ,AT,maybA9, and a whole bunch of small pocket pairs that dont become sets or overpairs (22,33,44,66,77)

I hated the other guy calling but he was kind of a station, and i was planning on folding to shoves and whatnot.