Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 11-08-2007, 07:29 PM

Default The smell goods.

I love things that smell good, don’t we all? Recently I had the opportunity to go with a friend in cosmetics to a perfume/cologne showcase. Since scent can probably be the most instant turn on or turn off in any situation, I figured a good exchange thread would be useful. Most the information here is either something I’ve gathered from reading, the showcase, or is simply personal preference.

I apply directly after toweling off from the shower. Apparently the moisture on your skin simultaneously dilutes the intensity of the smell and allows the scent to hold longer. Generally I put a small dab or spritz in my hair, as hair holds scent longer, then one small dab on a wrist, rub them together then a across my neck. It is important to allow the cologne to set before putting on any jewelry or watches as most metallic items will change the scent, adding an almost coppery undertone. When applying always remember the number one rule with scents, err on the side of too little.

Generally when choosing scents you have to think about your body type. If you “secrete” a lot, or generally have a strong personal smell you want to go more towards your musk and heavier colognes. If your skin is often dry or you simply don’t sweat you want to consider the lighter, more acidic scents.

Being one of the latter I use Este Lauder’s Pleasures for Men, it’s an inexpensive citrus scent that’s light and faintly smells of tangerines, furthermore the applicator is usually a mist, allowing for more even dispersions. Occasionally when I think I’m going to be smoking a lot, or in a bar I’ll go a little stronger; currently partial to Polo Blue, a heavier and crisper scent but still a citrus base. For those of you preferring a heavier musk scent I would recommend the Polo Black. I have also heard from several women about a purple bottled Prada cologne that is irresistible.

As far as perfumes go I’m a big fan of women who wear Dior Addict, and I pretty much want to attack anyone wearing Sublime by Jean Patou.

As a final note, for those of you who react to badly cologne’s consider baby powder. In almost every blind survey baby powder wins as most “attractive” smell.

So what cologne’s, perfumes and scent schemes work for you EDF?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: The smell goods.

You need to watch the movie Perfume
Old 11-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Depends on the season...winter I wear Cartier and all other seasons I wear Estee Lauder Intuition. Occasionally I'll wear Ferragamo as well.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:11 PM

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:04 PM

In the morning I'll put on an ice pack before doing my stomach crunches, I can do a thousand now.

To answer OP's question I wear Polo blue.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:37 AM

I'm content with not smelling bad. I'll give more detail later, need to return some video tapes.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the morning I'll put on an ice pack before doing my stomach crunches, I can do a thousand now.

To answer OP's question I wear Polo blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too

I get compliments on it all the time
Old 11-09-2007, 03:54 AM

I wear Armani Aqua Di Gio.

The girls seem to like it.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:06 AM

I'm sorry for taking this thread off track immediately with my 'witty' American Psycho quote.

I can see you put a lot of time into the OP, so it would be a shame if all the replies were 'i like xxx, people like it'. But unfortunately, most, like myself, probably don't have enough knowledge on the matter to type a lot.

One little tip I learned recently was to put a dab behind each ear, that way when a girl is talking into your ear in a crowded club/bar she can smell it. Pretty sweet.

Anyway, hopefully this thread will take off.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can see you put a lot of time into the OP, so it would be a shame if all the replies were 'i like xxx, people like it'. But unfortunately, most, like myself, probably don't have enough knowledge on the matter to type a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The density of the writing was totally intentional, and the reference appreciated, it's my first EDF post, I wanted it snazzy.