Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 11-30-2007, 05:20 PM

Default modafinil post

so we've all read here on forums about how the smart drug modafinil is great for online poker. but it's a controlled substance.

BUT

Adrafinil is not, and it's almost the exact same thing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrafinil
[ QUOTE ]
Adrafinil is a prodrug; it is primarily metabolized in vivo to modafinil (Provigil®), resulting in nearly identical pharmacological effects. Unlike modafinil, however, it takes time for the metabolite to accumulate to active levels in the bloodstream. Effects usually are apparent within 45-60 minutes when taken orally on an empty stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
In United States, adrafinil is currently unregulated. It has not been approved for any clinical uses by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. As such, it can't be legally sold or introduced into interstate commerce. Unlike modafinil, adrafinil is not yet classified as a controlled substance and does not fall under DEA jurisdiction; particularly, it is not illegal to possess without a prescription and can be imported privately by citizens[citation needed].

[/ QUOTE ]

anybody taking it? not that expensive, about 3-5 bucks per use.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: modafinil post

you are traveling down a very slippery slope. I would proceed with extreme caution.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are traveling down a very slippery slope. I would proceed with extreme caution.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean, I've read a lot of posts on here about modinafil.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean it's safe.

I took Provigil (modafinil) for awhile to keep me up. It worked pretty well. That being said, I spoke to a few friends of mine who work in neurological science and asked them to figure out whether or not the compound is safe. After they talked to their bosses, the general conclusion is that modafinil affects the brain in too many unknown ways to recommend to the average user.

As for adrafinil, I have taken that as well. It doesn't work as well, but it does the job. There are serious liver toxicity issues with it, however, so unless you know someone that can test your blood and liver toxin levels regularly, it might not be a good idea.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took Provigil (modafinil) for awhile to keep me up. It worked pretty well. That being said, I spoke to a few friends of mine who work in neurological science and asked them to figure out whether or not the compound is safe. After they talked to their bosses, the general conclusion is that modafinil affects the brain in too many unknown ways to recommend to the average user.

As for adrafinil, I have taken that as well. It doesn't work as well, but it does the job. There are serious liver toxicity issues with it, however, so unless you know someone that can test your blood and liver toxin levels regularly, it might not be a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
kyle,
do you make side money as a guinea pig for the pharmaceutical industry?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for responding, I didn't know that.

I'm coming from the knowledge base of hydergine being the safest most tested compound ever, piracetam being totally safe, the other cetams being totally safe, etc., so I'm probably biased towards things like this being safe. of course modafinil and the other are totally different drugs, and new to boot.

having said that I might still try it a couple times, but thanks for responding cause I won't order a boatload I'll just order a minimum order, if I do.