Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 11-28-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtraining
http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/overtraining.html
http://exercise.about.com/cs/exercis...chexercise.htm

I'm honestly curious why you think you are fit to give other people advice. You espouse one of the worst viewpoints in any possible field (if he's better at it than me, he must be able to give good advice. LOLZ If I see Reggie Miller teaching anyone how to shoot a jump shot I'm gonna stab him in the knee with a ball point pen and whisk him away lest he causes more harm.)

Also for clarification, I don't know if you are overtraining. But 99% of people trying to do that type of workout will be overtrained.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 PM

I don't think I really implied, or at least didn't mean to, that my advice should be taken because I'm "better" than anybody. I do, however have a lot of experience, and have a lot of success in certain areas. Writing down my ideas on how to properly lift back does not at all mean that I wouldn't be open for criticism or outright disagreement, and attach no other merit to any advice that I give other than anecdotal, whether that be via my experiences or friends/gymrats.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Whatev. All opinions are not equal. I think yours is terrible and shouldn't be shared with anyone lest someone unknowing overhear.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:43 PM

jihad, post your article and have people discuss it...or make it more of a list of do/don'ts and have people add the experiences that they have had or seen...im always down to read something, and i would imagine that thremp is too, even if he is a hater [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you can't be responsible for what people do with your advice/experiences so just post it with a warning that what you wrote worked for you and may not be the most optimal method for everyone else...
Old 11-28-2007, 03:46 PM

" I haven't read your log in a while, but I'm pretty sure that next to you I am a [censored] house."

SCOREBOARD MOTHER [censored]
Old 11-28-2007, 05:47 PM

let me rephrase...i do want a strong back, i have no interest in body building, some of my goals include rattling off pull ups like they are nothing, weighted pulls and eventually maybe a one arm pull up.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let me rephrase...i do want a strong back, i have no interest in body building, some of my goals include rattling off pull ups like they are nothing, weighted pulls and eventually maybe a one arm pull up.

[/ QUOTE ]

pull up progression program
Old 11-28-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, def not gonna happen. If you can do a one arm pull up, you are triangular.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol edit: 0:31

[ QUOTE ]
The main topic of the write up would be [censored] that I see people do retarded on a daily basis in the gym, stuff you all almost def. do. Like I said, nobody lifts back correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough PUMPAGE?

[/ QUOTE ]Can't get youtube at work, summarize? I can't tell if I'm being mocked here or not, I'm stoopid. Care to clarify?

[/ QUOTE ]
the video is of some guy rock climbing.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pull up progression program

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf dude! How long have you been holding back on me?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 PM

Jesus the guys I see at gyms sometimes truly amaze me. I often times feel like I'm in some sort of alternate universe, where "ultra-macho" and just plain "gay" have joined in a unified front for an assault on humanity.

Today I was on the leg press machine as my second heavy leg set, doing a good deal somewhere in the 4 figures, and there was some douche and his wierdo trainer on the squat rack beside me with, eventually, 295# loaded up. Every time I started pressing, he would start rooting me on, screaming at me to "push it out" and "make it count", even though I am very solitary and intense (which is very obvious) and I wear an iPod. But the fun part was when he started lifting. It was extremely obvious that there was absolutely no way this guy properly lifts that, so I kinda watch the retard show, and the dudes trainer (gym employee) is going batshit crazy trying to pump this guy up. I wonder why this guy is no kidding FIXING HIS HAIR IN THE MIRROR, but I quickly figure it out when I realize that his trainer is video taping him. Of course he's doing 1/3 squats at the MOST, but there's his trainer yelling at him telling him how awesome his form is, and while he's doing it you can completely tell that he's trying hard to look good for the camera WHILE HE'S "NAILING" THE LIFT!

As soon as he gets done, he runs over to the trainer and asks to see the video which they hoot and hollar about for like a minute, until he STARTS POSING FOR PICTURES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEIGHT ROOM! He leaves to get water, and turns around screaming "yo, what was that? 295? 295 6 times? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"

When he comes back from getting water, they talk about his pictures, saying things like "check out the striation in my shoulders" and "dude you totally nailed 295, we're gonna do like 315 next week". Sorry for the rant, but the trainer teaching this guy something thats eventually gonna snap him in half and then encouraging that kinda ridiculous behavior is way outside of "appropriate".