Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-23-2007, 02:51 PM

Default JJ vs 26/12/3.5

Lost on the turn. I'd assume JJ+ raise this flop. AK he may peal as his fold to c-bet % is like 33. Haven't seen this guy minraise UTG and the stats are datamined.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $71.05
CO: $62.60
BTN: $20.20
SB: $61.05
Hero (BB): $50
UTG: $49.50

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, MP calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, MP calls $4.50

Turn: ($16.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $11</font>, Hero folds
Old 11-23-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: JJ vs 26/12/3.5

what do you think his range is given pf +flop action?

diamonds, set, 66+, 910-A10?
Old 11-23-2007, 03:23 PM

IMHO this is a committment issue. With the way that it is played, you have SPR ~6.4. Not a bad place to be, but depending on villain, I might like to get this a little bit lower, say raise PF to $5. Then if/when he calls SPR is ~4.5, but this also helps narrow potential range and gets hero into committment range if flop is favorable.

With this flop, which I do think is favorable based on a call on the higher raise, we have to consider over-pair vs set (less likely, but would fit) vs overcards with diamonds (AKd...though the K falls on the turn, hero doesn't know that at the time, AQd, maybe AJd). Assuming hero is not facing over-pair or set, I would then charge heavily for diamond draw on the flop (figure 10-11 real outs if villain is playing overs with diamonds). I think a reasonable bet would be 80% to pot. At that point, hero is committed, and you let the chips fall where they may, unless you have a strong read that the villain was playing for the draw and hit it on the turn, at which point you need to re-evaluate your committment, or villain is tight enough that he is only calling with over-pairs PF or the set / over-pairs on the flop, at which point a fold might be the best option...very read dependant.

Might have made this hand a little easier. When this turn card hits, it sets up for a lot of tough decisions (pair of kings, flush, draw to straight, bluff) and IMHO, Jacks are hard enough to play as it is.

Fammy

P.S. other line that I don't think is terrible, but I don't like as much is call miniraise PF and see what happens on the flop, but this can get the hero into a lot of trouble as well.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:44 PM

Something that I have started doing vs min raises both OOP and IP with Premium hands, is jacking my RR up to like 10BB's here, so in this case my 3-bet would be to 6.

Helps define the villains hand, and folds out most smaller pairs, suited A's that many of the villains at this level seem to love to min raise with.

Also generally unless I see the guy minraise with premiums, I don't treat the minraise with much respect. All to often you get to the river, and the UTG min raise was A7s that checks it all the way down after firing a small bet at the pot.

As for the hand bet more on the flop, his range is fairly wide here since he only had to call 5bb's more with your raise. A bet to around 6 is generally where I would like to be.

On the turn I call, and the river i reeval depending on bet size/game conditions. If he fires at the river it's probably a fold, but a lot of times this is going to be a check here unless he loves burning money.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:21 PM

I would lead the turn at around 3/4 pot sized bet and fold to any reraise. If called it really depends on the the card that comes on the river but most likely Im checking the river. If he leads for a full psb or even a 3/4 I'm really leaning towards folding. As played, I fold to the bet.