Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 06-26-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: PARTY LAG + Reward

[ QUOTE ]
The partypoker software just sux, when I 12 table pokerstars with pokertracker etc. there's no lag at all.

Does anyone know if upgrading my processor from dual core to quad core would help to fix the partypoker lag? Or wouldnt it have any effect

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no guarantee it would help. I was 12 tabling fine on a single core AMD 3400 and had no lag, while at least one person with a quad core was reporting lag issues. My hunch is that it's a conflict with Party and some other popular piece of software, or a popular driver.

One thing that might help is creating a dual boot system, and on the second OS, only install the absolute essentials for online poker. This would eliminate most software conflicts as a possibility.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:24 PM

Are u using table mods ? Did u try to remove and reinstall the party client w/o the mods ?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:46 AM

i had un-playable LAG on party. Support told me to un-install party, delete your windows temp folder and then re-install. It worked for me
Old 06-29-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know if this helpful and probably concerns only a few people,but thats what i discovered in my own case:
i had lag on party and fulltilt(before the last upgrade) and experimented.
i have a nvidia graphics card and installed nvidia software.within this software there is an application called nview-desktop manager,which i had enabled.after deactivating this desktopmanager all of a sudden all lag issues had disappeared.i can autorate when importing into pokertracker,can use ace-hud and never had a problem again since then.
i also have,as suggested,activated favorites in the game panel and only view the levels i play in the partypoker lobby.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interestingly I had exactly the same problem. I posted about it here in the other thread about Party crashing. IIRC, I luckily turned ON this NVIDIA multi-desktop thing and then noticed the terrible lag and then quickly turned it off again, but I'm beginning to wonder if it might still have left some setting which is causing the current lag (I don't remember getting any lag before I turned this on/off...).

Does anybody else experiencing the lag have a NVIDIA card? Also, I wonder if UltraMon could be causing similar problems...

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 10:39 AM

I use nvidia and is no problem playing 12 tables. Also I doubt quad core would do anything as the drivers for it suck currently.

To help you find differences in our setups mine is :
6420 Intel Dual Core
2GB Corsair Value RAM
8800GTS 320MB Graphics (in case I'm tilting and want to go pwn some noobs at Call of Duty 2)
Windows XP Pro
24" Dell Ultrasharp Monitor
320 GB Sata 2 HDD

I have nothing else on this computer apart from my poker stuff.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use nvidia and is no problem playing 12 tables. Also I doubt quad core would do anything as the drivers for it suck currently.

To help you find differences in our setups mine is :
6420 Intel Dual Core
2GB Corsair Value RAM
8800GTS 320MB Graphics (in case I'm tilting and want to go pwn some noobs at Call of Duty 2)
Windows XP Pro
24" Dell Ultrasharp Monitor
320 GB Sata 2 HDD

I have nothing else on this computer apart from my poker stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
I recently reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers and also deleted my Internet cache as another poster suggested and all seems to be running well so far (even in 32bit colour now).

Not 100% sure if it was either that fixed it, as Party did do an update a while back. I haven't played much poker this month and it could simply be the update that fixed it.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]