Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

[ QUOTE ]
2. Since this thread is full of Canadians, I'll ask here. Is it generally easy to deposit at poker sites with a (non-RBC) VISA credit card? Which VISAs are easiest/fastest to get approved for?

[/ QUOTE ]
CIBC Visa's been 100% for me so far. I've used it to start my C2P account, and to make deposits at Ultimate, BetDirect, Party, WillHill and possibly one or two others, I can't recall exactly. They usually charge the $5 cash advance fee, not positive if they caught all of them, but certainly the majority.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:58 AM

Do you know if it is possible to link a Mooneybookers account to a Royal Bank checking account to transfer money directly from Moneybookers?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know if it is possible to link a Mooneybookers account to a Royal Bank checking account to transfer money directly from Moneybookers?

[/ QUOTE ]
If by direct you're meaning like an EFT, no. MB doesn't have the ability to link directly to Canadian bank accounts...all bank-MB & MB-bank transactions are bank (wire) transfers.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If by direct you're meaning like an EFT, no. MB doesn't have the ability to link directly to Canadian bank accounts...all bank-MB & MB-bank transactions are bank (wire) transfers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks!

I just fund the information for the fees with the Royal Bank. No so bad:

"Incoming wire payment
from another financial
institution located
anywhere worldwide:

$50 Cdn/U.S. and under: free

Over $50 Cdn/U.S.: $15 Cdn or $15 U.S. depending on the currency of the incoming wire payment

Note: this fee is deducted from the principal of the wire payment prior to being credited to your account"
Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM

Hi and thanks for the thread Bobo.
A few things:
I took my first cheque from Click2Pay to my TD bank 14 days ago, and I am still waiting for the funds to appear. Has anyone confirmed that these cheques, that say ORDER CHEQUE up the side, actually cash here in Canada?

Also, I have C2P moving as much as possible, however party and stars are some major players that i sure want to be able to move to and from. Does anyone know if they will add click2pay as options? I have moneybookers setup and a verified credit card there, however I can not make an initial deposit using this cc. Do I need to start the process with a bank wire to get MB going, or is there a better median to use to move money EVERYWHERE?

Thanks

Kevin
Old 06-19-2007, 03:06 PM

nice posts
Old 06-19-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have moneybookers setup and a verified credit card there, however I can not make an initial deposit using this cc. Do I need to start the process with a bank wire to get MB going, or is there a better median to use to move money EVERYWHERE?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been PM'd a question about funding MB, and I see some others here. If your CC won't work on MB, that does create some problems, obviously. You're left with a few choices:

1) Complete a PokerSavvy offer, change Savvy points to MB $$. That's what I did.

2) The following sites have allowed at least one person to withdraw to MB without having deposited with that method: Eurobet, Gamebookers, Pokerheaven, UltimateBet. May not work for you, but if you have money at one of those sites, it's worth a try.

3) A very good suggestion nimajneb made above I haven't seen before...P2P on MB. Some risk there, obviously.

4) Bank wire. Unfortunately it's slow and you'll have to pay some fees, but at least it's something for a last resort.

I also wonder if some sites where you have only used Neteller might let you cashout to MB if you explain the situation. They usually require a deposit, but if you're really stuck trying to fund MB, it might be worth a phone call and/or email appealing to their better nature...you never know!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-19-2007, 03:54 PM

FYI, Party has increased their withdrawal fees. EFT cashouts are now $2.50, and moneybookers cashouts are $1. Used to be $1 and free, respectively.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:39 PM

Yeah, bad PP bad... Looks like I'll be using the cheque method and not the bobo fett special... I really don't like how PP has been acting recently, this uber greed attitude won't get them very far in terms of player loyalty.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:59 PM

One quick tip for CND players who want to receive wire transfers. Most banks charge a fee to receive a wire transfer. RBC's is the highest at 15/per transfer received. Some banks are lower, but most trust companies and credit unions preform this service for free. I know that TD and Vancity both receive transfers for free.

It can save you some $$$, and is especially important if you intend to make any small cashouts this way.

Guy.