Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 03:48 PM

Default Re: ONE MORE TIME -- In Case You Missed It.

[ QUOTE ]

So far the only evidence you have put forward for Iraq sponsering terrorism is via it giving 25K to families of suicide bombers.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Abu Abbas and Abu Nidal?

Abu Abbas and Abu Nidal were two of the most prominent terrorists of the last 30 years, with hands in the Achille Lauro, Pan Am 103, Pan AM 73, and numerous other terrorists bombings and deaths.

They were supported by Iraq, harbored in Iraq, and have since died as a result of the invasion.

[ QUOTE ]

The whole point is that given the overt rational given by Bush is so obviously false, there must be another agenda to the conflict.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing false about it. Iraq supported terrorism. Iraq violated UNSCR 678. We enforced it.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Out of pretenses

We have abandoned the Weapons of Mass Destruction wild card. The war in Iraq being part of the war on terror is busted, seeing as how worse the terror threat is after Iraq. The regime change card is already in the muck, what with a bunch of Shias, differing only in the degree of their loyalty to Iran, vying for the people's democratic choice. And the securing the oil play seems as shaky as big slick over a co-ordinated board.

Our pretenses are pinned on what could be the last card of the deck : If we leave now, it will be worse.

Mickey Brausch
Old 09-09-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Head firmly in the sand

[ QUOTE ]
Dozens of contacts are between Saddam's government and Al Qaeda are well documented.

[/ QUOTE ]"Contacts" -- maybe, possibly. Connections or support -- nope.

I'd ask you to provide some evidence for these tired ol' claims, but I'm afraid we'd get the same chase around the block going again, about "Niger yellow", Czech agents", and all that crap.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who still wants to maintain the Saddam's was a secular regime and he had no sympathy for Islam didnt read his statements after capture and on trial.

[/ QUOTE ]Saddam Hussein ran a strictly non-fundamentalist, ultra-nationalist regime, with the minimumn of tolerance for islamic proselytism. He kept the radical islamists in line. And, wily cat that he was, when the American turned against his "liberation" of Kuwait, he sought allies everywhere he could, including the islamists inside Iraq. He's still on that very correct play, now that he's on trial.

Those pictures of Saddam Hussein praying piously inside Baghdad mosques? If Sharon got communion from the Pope it wouldn't be as funny.

Anyone who still wants to maintain that Saddam's regime was involved in religious fundamentalism or 9/11 or generally anti-American terrorism, is an agoraphobic ostrich.

Mickey Brausch
Old 09-09-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Out of pretenses

[ QUOTE ]
If we leave now, it will be worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it will. One of the best perks of the war is that America is fighting terrorists in Bagdad instead of NY. While the war is horrible and morally rehensible it does accomplish several things that help us all.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing false about it. Iraq supported terrorism. Iraq violated UNSCR 678. We enforced it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, that's the main reason we went to war. America cares so much about UN laws right?
Old 09-09-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, that's the main reason we went to war. America cares so much about UN laws right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we dont. What we care about is the pretense of complying with the UNs efforts at diplomacy that we know are doomed to failure. Then when there is ample evidence of that failure, and time was running out on the ability to do anything, we took action.

If we hadnt sat back while the UN screwed up for so many years, things would have been a lot cleaner than they are now.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:19 PM

Sigh. We were attacked by radical Islamic Terrorists. Saddam Hussein was the leader of a country and he supported Islamic Terrorists. Iraq is not the war...it is a front in a larger war. We are in a World War, folks, against very cagey, evil enemies. Support our President, please, even though he is not perfect, so this war does not last for decades. If the next President is a Democrat he/she will still have to fight this war unless this President can turn loose our military might and win it. If the next President is a Democrat and we are still in this war, I will support him or her. You will not see me in here taking stupid pot shots at our Commander-In-Chief while we are at war. You can hold me to that! Please get your priorities in line before one of these suckers gets a nuke into this country. I have said my simple words again. Have fun making fun of them, if that is what you really think you should do. Have a nice night!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:47 PM

Guess what that means now...

Nothing.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess what that means now...

Nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how much I hope you are right!
Old 09-10-2006, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You will not see me in here taking stupid pot shots at our Commander-In-Chief while we are at war. You can hold me to that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst President ever. I wouldn't put him in charge of a Taco Bell.