Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Speeding Ticket

going to court is key. if you can't make that commitment, just pay the ticket.

you're only play here is to game the system. file for discovery asking for 1.)the front and back of the ticket (cops make notes on the back). you effed yourself by admitting 70, but see if he made note of it. 2.)the method used to determine speeding (probably radar). 3.)certification of device and is it within valid dates 4.)officers training on said device.

i don't know how familiar you are with court procedures, but you need to be prepared to put him on the stand and ask questions that force him to contradict himself, that is the way you will win. remember that whatever sob story you have isn't admissible unless YOU yourself testify and you shouldn't be doing that imo. everything hangs in finding fault in something in the discovery and having the officer acknowledge this on the stand.

i'm not a lawyer so take everything i said at face value, i have done this with reasonable success so i'm just speaking from experience.

p.s. i've used other methods too, like traffic regulations. certain roads and highways require valid engineering surveys so you can potentially invalidate a speed limit based on expired or faulty surveys. again, this depends on your local.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but not because i said "im doing 70 in a 65", however, that's pretty much admitting guilt. NEVER admit that. whenever they ask, you always say you were going whatever the posted limit is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I said that because he first told me I was going OVER 80, and when you get into the 15+ over the limit range, tickets start getting real expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

but still, you've admitted to speeding no matter what. if you go to court and fight the ticket, you have to admit in court that you said you were doing 70. now fighting the ticket will not save you any money because the difference of $35 is probably going to be eaten up in the "Court fees" they charge etc.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:25 PM

Why didn't you ask to see the Radar gun to prove that it had registered 80MPH?

Maybe its not law there but in a real country where I live (Canada) we have a law stating that at any time you are allowed to request to see the reading on the Radar gun to show that it was you and you were infact going the speed that the douche bag stated.

This helps to prevent them from screwing you by making it up... which many ass hole cops would do.

Not all cops are pricks, but often the power goes to their heads and they become ridiculous.

This has happend to a coupel friends that became cops.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:28 PM

good god people.

1. get speedometer calibrated
2. tip guy doing it
3. case dismissed
Old 11-28-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know I could do this. Or IF I can do this. It depends on the State here in the US I would imagine. But I'll sure as hell start asking from now on.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:30 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, sure there is a law that allows this, but most cops will just say "oh wait, no i mean i was pacing you". I've actually had that happen to me twice, explained what happened in the courtroom twice and of course the judge threw out the case both times. However, I dont get why I pretty much proved that the officer was guilty of prejury and no one cared at all. my problem is far far more with the cops. I think most judges i have seen generally act reasonably fairly.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lololol. complaining about 100 bucks. I just got a 400 dollar ticket in california. boooo yah, im sure glad we have the highway patrol to "enforce safety". They should just change their name to "tax collection based on who we feel like collecting from". I have been pulled over 4 times, 0 warnings. I have been in a car where a girl got pulled over 3 times and they got 0 tickets. The CHP should literally be shut down and paying out massive class action lawsuits, not given a position of massive power.

example of how legitimate the CHP is:

if you want to submit a complaint they wont allow you to do so through their website, you have to go to their website, print out a form, fill it out and mail it. Making it as complicated as possible for citizens to give feedback to an organization that is supposed to care about safety is just mind boggling and pretty much spot on proof that they know they are doing a miserable job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it wouldn't have anything to do with a bunch of crybabies overloading their system with stupid complaints of absolutely zero merit, right? It couldn't possibly be a way of making sure that if they're getting complaints, they're legitimate and important enough that the person filing actually went to the "trouble" of printing a document, filling it out, and putting it in their mailbox? I guess it wouldn't be a burden at all on the system to have to dedicate TONS of hours to lame "complaints" filed over the internet...

Wow.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:39 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

yeah you got me, government organizations being accountable to the people who fund them seems excessive.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah you got me, government organizations being accountable to the people who fund them seems excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is precisely what I said.

Reading FTW.

What I said, and I'll try to dumb it down a bit...

They take paper complaints because if its important enough that you have to file a legit complaint, what "trouble" is it to you to take 5 minutes, print a form and put it in your damn mailbox?

Or, you could whine about having to actually do something for yourself on an internet forum. That won't change anything, but it sure does make it more entertaining for me.

Do you realize what you're even complaining about?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good god people.

1. get speedometer calibrated
2. tip guy doing it
3. case dismissed

[/ QUOTE ]