Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: who banned youtalkfunny for 24 hours in OOT?

we have been doing this FOREVER in OOT and you just now decide to get pissed about it because he's your friend. he was never going to quit 2p2 over this, just like 99% of users who get tempbanned and then say they are quitting for good. you bring up a thread to make your point that has no bearing on the current debate and get all emotional over it because you know the guy. forgive me if i take what you say with a bucket of salt.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) banned a long time, well respected poster for a very minor offense

2) did not leave a note regarding the banning

3) overturned another mods decision regarding a custom title

4) banned for an offense that dozens of people have already done without punishment in that same forum

All I can say is ........................... sounds like par for the course with NT.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh look, jim kuhn talking with absolute certainty about an issue he's never followed before and never bothered to learn about, sounds familiar.

mods who show up in threads when their friends get banned and spout off about rules and precedents that the rest of us actually take the time to discuss should have their mod forum posting privileges revoked imo.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:14 PM

Hey guys can we not have another furious mod war over a small incident please. I'd hate to see NT or RR stop modding too, on account of a 24-hr ban where both sides have already made their case.

What he said.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:16 PM

All,

I farted again.

Regards,
--jman220
Old 10-31-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we have been doing this FOREVER in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? A lot of people remmeber when there weren't mods on this site.

I realy think you should email Mason and let him know that you ban his long time customers because they make a post you don't like. Have you ever made a contribution to 2+2 that didn't involve enforcing arbitrary rules.

There is a huge difference between a 40 year old saying they don't want to associate with a site because the site he liked isn't recognizable and some 17 year old announcing he is leaving.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:29 PM

randy, if you tried to mod OOT your head would explode and there would be a riot. i could moderate your forum in my sleep.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:51 PM

WOW, youtalkfunny is a customer??? So am I, I am sure NT is too. You act like because he bought $100 worth of books, he should run the forum. Also, Let's stop pretending that the forums isn't its own business. Maybe 10 years ago the purpose of this forum was to promote the books, but it is long since passed that.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:54 PM

i would guess that the high traffic in OOT probably made more for 2p2 in the last month than youtalkfunny has spent on our products in his life.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:35 PM

NT -- you're right, of course, but it could also be argued that the reason OOT (and 2+2 in general) has so much traffic is because the forum has members that post really well, like youtalkfunny. The fewer of those members there are, the less inclined people will be to spend time on the site, and then the less traffic OOT gets. So that's the argument for keeping valuable posters happy.

Anyway, you and RR have both made solid points and this is just going to have to be an issue where people find a compromise and stick to their own forum's policies, while agreeing to disagree. If not, we're just going to have another petty fight where somebody gets demodded -- which, at the rate we're going, means Mike Haven and Schneids will be the only ones left on the site by Saturday.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:54 PM

"has so much traffic is because the forum has members that post really well, like youtalkfunny"

agree with all but the last two words. we HAVE been losing some really good posters lately, but their names are daryn, el diablo, yeti, shajen, gildwulf (from BBV4L), etc. these are people who have contributed much more to 2p2, both from a business standpoint and from a content standpoint, than any of these people who a bunch of busybody, holier-than-thou kings of the internet lose their [censored] over every week. and they are leaving precisely because the aforementioned crusaders for 2p2 justice, most of whom wouldn't last 12 hours in any of these high-traffic forums, keep harassing, insulting and attacking them.

why aren't the other mods up in arms about that? jealousy, probably. or just stupidity. or both.
Closed Thread