Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 11:13 PM

Default problem2

similar situation with Problem1. Player A has full ases and 6, but he does"n know yet. on the board is AA946 and three of clubs. player B bets 100$ and player A pays, and asks: do you have flush, and player B shows flash with 87 of clubs. Player A don:t shows his cards and throws it but cards don:t tuch the muck. after 2 secunds he scream,:i have a flash, and flips his cards and shows full of aces and 6. Player B ask for the floor. Floor gives the pot to the player B, because player A throw his cards away, and did not face them up. was floor wright?

Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: problem2

If it was clear that the A6 were his cards I think the correct rulling would be to give the pot the player A
Old 09-29-2007, 12:02 AM

Of course the floor is not right. It just awarded the pot to the worst tabled hand.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:13 AM

but he did NOT show his cards. he threw them, like he is giving up on them, and they touch the board cards, and the he pick them up(after 2 secunds) and face them up, like : "sorry, i didn:t see a full house, i tought i had set of Aces". if you don:t see winning hand and muck it, you can:t win the pot! what if the dealer mucked his cards immediately after he threw them?
Old 09-29-2007, 03:20 AM

If the dealer mucked 'em, too bad for him, but as it is, I'm okay with him getting the pot.

When rules are ambiguous, I'm in favor of the best hand winning. I'm weird that way.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but he did NOT show his cards. he threw them, like he is giving up on them, and they touch the board cards, and the he pick them up(after 2 secunds) and face them up, like : "sorry, i didn:t see a full house, i tought i had set of Aces". if you don:t see winning hand and muck it, you can:t win the pot! what if the dealer mucked his cards immediately after he threw them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if the dealer mucked his cards immediately then he wouldn't have been able to flip them face up so in that case he wouldn't have tabled his hand.

BUT IN THIS CASE HE DID.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:10 PM

he threw his cards ower the betting line, and then pool them back!!
Old 09-29-2007, 05:12 PM

This is going to depend on the house rules. If the rules state that cards tossed face down over the betting line are dead, then fine, he loses; most rooms don't have that rule. Some rooms have a rule that if the dealer touches the face down cards after they are tossed in they are dead; most do not have such a rule. Some rooms have a rule that if a player's cards touch the board cards, they die; most do not.

This is one of those cases where there is not a single correct answer. The answer depends on where you were playing.

If you ask "what SHOULD happen" we start a whole new debate.

If you ask "what happens in most places", I haven't played in enough different rooms to know what the standard is around the country and around the world.

If you ask "what happens in most Vegas rooms", then the cards remain alive and the player can retrieve them.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:53 PM

typically in the midwest area,if a player tosses his cards but they are NOT mucked by the dealer, they are considered to be LIVE. Many, not all rooms in Vegas work on the "foward motion" or "commentment line" rule, which either case if a player throws his cards foward and/over the commitment line they are dead and ir-retreavable(?) they can't get them back. Usually you simply need to ask whenever going to a room that you havent been to before what their rules are or, if you are familiar enough, whether they run by new jersey standards or las vegas standards. Mid-west being New Jersey.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:29 PM

The rule as I understand it is if the cards are retrievable i.e. they dont touch the muck and and you can reach them to flip them over. Then the cards are live. A good dealer should instantly grab folded cards and mix them in with the muck.