Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Tugh turn spot with 2 pair.

Villian is Loose passive over few hands.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) HERO is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1.5</font>, HERO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $3</font>, HERO calls, Button calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $10.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $56.59</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO?</font>

Should I fold all streets here?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Tugh turn spot with 2 pair.

I think this hand is close. He is unlikely to have AQ or AA/QQ because he did not raise preflop. Even though he's passive, most players would still open raise those premium hands. He may have limped 99 or 66, but he's much more likely to have limped hands like 96 and A6. He may also have a hand like T9cc if he's loose enough to overcall with that on the flop. So from preflop play, I'd be inclined to call.

However, his turn play is very strong. He' raising not only you (who are betting multi-way in a raised pot after flop action) but he's also raising the preflop raiser who might have been checking to slowplay on the turn (and that ace definitely could have helped SB). So, considering that he's a passive player, that there were basically no draws on the flop, and that he's raising with the preflop raiser behind him after a lot of flop/turn action, I'd fold. Your only hope in calling is that he's over-valuing 96 or A6. But I think it's unlikely he would overcall A6 on the flop, and he may not limp 96. I think you're looking at 99/66 a ton here.

Against a less passive player, or if it were heads up on the turn, I would beat him to the pot, though.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Should I fold all streets here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Preflop oop sucks, raise the flop if you think you're ahead, and on the turn, we're basically hoping he has the same hand as us or possibly something like 10Jcc, but more likely he has a set.

[ QUOTE ]

Villian is Loose passive over few hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, if this is your read (weak though it may be), he probably isn't the type to shove it all in with a draw.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this hand is close. He is unlikely to have AQ or AA/QQ because he did not raise preflop. Even though he's passive, most players would still open raise those premium hands. He may have limped 99 or 66, but he's much more likely to have limped hands like 96 and A6. He may also have a hand like T9cc if he's loose enough to overcall with that on the flop. So from preflop play, I'd be inclined to call.

However, his turn play is very strong. He' raising not only you (who are betting multi-way in a raised pot after flop action) but he's also raising the preflop raiser who might have been checking to slowplay on the turn (and that ace definitely could have helped SB). So, considering that he's a passive player, that there were basically no draws on the flop, and that he's raising with the preflop raiser behind him after a lot of flop/turn action, I'd fold. Your only hope in calling is that he's over-valuing 96 or A6. But I think it's unlikely he would overcall A6 on the flop, and he may not limp 96. I think you're looking at 99/66 a ton here.

Against a less passive player, or if it were heads up on the turn, I would beat him to the pot, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

TWP, great to see you posting here.

And, erm, obviously I agree with you in the hand analysis lol. Move up.