Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
I could really go for a Dissarono about now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, brother, somebody caught it. Genius-level post. for real
Old 11-27-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all over)

In the first few episodes, I really didn't have a strong opinion about Guy's play. Not terrible. Not great. However, after tonight, I have lost all respect for his game.

The A5 vs. Doyle's A10 was terrible. Considering how much money was involved, I consider it the worst play I've seen on High Stakes Poker. I can't believe he raised the turn. Doyle hadn't stepped out of line at all prior to that. I don't recall seeing him make any moves or big plays.

When Doyle bet $110k, which was roughly 1/3 of his stack, Guy should have known Doyle had a hand he really liked.

Huge spew.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:43 AM

Can someone recap that doyle/guy hand, including barry's action?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There was $998,800 in the pot between Farha and Antonius, meaning that when they ran it 4 times, each time was worth $249,700. Patrik won the first one, and Sammy the second, so they were even at that point. Patrik won the next two, so he won $499,400.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He won $250k. He put $500k in the pot. He left the hand with $750k.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I worded that wrong. Patrik won $249,700 of Sammy's money.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the first few episodes, I really didn't have a strong opinion about Guy's play. Not terrible. Not great. However, after tonight, I have lost all respect for his game.

The A5 vs. Doyle's A10 was terrible. Considering how much money was involved, I consider it the worst play I've seen on High Stakes Poker. I can't believe he raised the turn. Doyle hadn't stepped out of line at all prior to that. I don't recall seeing him make any moves or big plays.

When Doyle bet $110k, which was roughly 1/3 of his stack, Guy should have known Doyle had a hand he really liked.

Huge spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

since guy comes off as a world-class player in the first place

lol i seriously dont see what people get out of criticizing guys play when he knows hes the table fish and plays for fun?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Huge spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i seriously dont see what people get out of criticizing guys play when he knows hes the table fish and plays for fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I don't really get it either. Plus it sounds like he was good enough to make a 4th place finish in the WPT championship event.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone recap that doyle/guy hand, including barry's action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry folded preflop after Doyle raised 10k to 11.2k. I think there were 4 callers and pot was ~57k. Flop is AJ4 Doyle led out 40k and Guy called. Turn was 2d I think giving Doyle the nut flush draw and Guy a gutter. Guy checked turn and Doyle bet 110k and Guy checkriased to 310k . Doyle moved in for 30.5k more and I think final pot was 808 or 818k.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said he was world class.
[ QUOTE ]
In the first few episodes, I really didn't have a strong opinion about Guy's play. Not terrible. Not great.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i seriously dont see what people get out of criticizing guys play when he knows hes the table fish

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Jamie and Guy are the fish. Therefore, we should not comment on their play or criticize what they do. Huh?

I never said he was a great player or that I expected better from him. I provided my own personal analysis of the way he played a poker hand, which is pretty much what goes on in a poker forum.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 AM

but the basis of your whole post is "it was terrible" when its pretty apparent to almost anyone that it was played terribly...
Old 11-27-2007, 01:45 AM

I bet Jamie Gold wishes he went bust a couple of episodes earlier. Those last two episodes are just brutal, he tosses one bundle after another drawing thin to dead, and looks like a typical sucker being torn apart by sharks. On the other hand, Jamie is the kind of guy who'll watch this episode and still think that the sharks were actually complimenting his play, so maybe I shouldn't make that bet.