Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Problems at the Taj last weekend

I go down and play Small Stakes Hold'em about once a month, usually 5-10 or 3-6 if the former is not available.

Last Saturday while playing 3-6 between 12AM and 7AM I witnessed the most blatant rules violations I have ever encountered. Two Asian players were in the middle of a hand not speaking English to each other. The dealer, who was also Asian, was talking to one of the players in a language other than English once the hand was over but said nothing about this while the hand was going on. This happened more than once. I am only mentioning the race of the players and the dealer for accuracy's sake.

Players also were showing their hands pre-flop to their neighbors before they folded them, and were reacting to flops and turns while they were not in the hand, especially when aces hit. They were doing this both with facial gestures and with "low talking." The game was very loose-aggtressive all night.

I have played at the Taj many times before, and with the exception of the foreign language situation this kind of stuff exists, but I never seen it to this extent. I also have never played at this time as I am normally sleeping.

I was undecided to complain to the floor because the players were so bad, and I was making money. On the other hand, I did not want it to cost me a pot and/or I did not want to look like the "heavy" and get no action. The bottom line is that it was really sucking the enjoyment out of my session. The money was nice, but if I want to make more money, I will go and play 10-20 or 20-40 as I can afford it. I just choose not to play it.

So my question is this. Would it have done any good to say anything and/or does this kind of garbage happen to the same extent in the mid-limit games? It seems that it has increased over the past 4-6 months.

I invite your thoughts,

Nat