Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: The Well: Adanthar (1/16/07)

[ QUOTE ]
(Also, when you answer this question, keep in mind we're one week away from pics of a 19 year old snorting coke off a naked hooker and everybody sort of halfway accepting this as normal/standard behavior)

[/ QUOTE ]

link?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:59 AM

Regarding NLHE cash games. I see many postings where it is stated as fact that 6 man is more profitable than full ring for good players. In my experience I find the only advantage 6 man has is hands per hour per table and I can play more FR tables to counter this.

If all the better players are at 6 man tables I would tend to want to play on the FR tables if only for this reason.

Please compare and contrast full ring vs. 6 man NLHE.

Thank you very much for your time.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:53 PM

I think you brought this up in one of your Sat threads...You thought you could win a step 5 on PP for less than $20 and wanted a $1000+ prop bet on it. Did that ever happen / how did it turn out?

Why do I feel like I'm randomly clicking buttons even in low stakes NL cash games but am comfortable in tournaments? Low stakes players tend to buy in short (like <$30 at .25/.50), so it's not even that much deeper. (You can translate this to what's the biggest difference between low buy in tournies / cash?)

How far off am I in this sat thread to say fold except KK+, revised to maybe JJ+?

I never got around to really thinking through it, but after playing a 27r sat to a WSOP sat ($370, $640?) tourney with a certain master of tilt, I decided that the really aggressive maniac rebuy kind of approach is pretty bad in these. Generally it works in normal rebuys because the looseness is contagious, it builds up a huge stack for you and others at the table. The rebuy ends, the chips you've thrown around stay put and hopefully return to your stack, and then you have a good shot at getting really deep and winning huge $.

Obviously here more rebuys = more seats, but that's not nearly as good. The top prize is only 10 to 20x your buy in, and coming in 30th is just as good as 1st. Regardless of how well the rebuy part goes, you're not going to be guaranteed a seat, so investing 1/2 the top prize sucks, and playing it more like a normal freezout is proper.

Does all that seem reasonable? How much would you loosen up over a FO in something like the 11r to the $215 Sunday million?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are the main holes in my game? (joke, just asked cause you cant say "dude, I don't know who you are")

is it wrong for my to hate you when you talk about bad runs, when I know you play less and make more/hour at mtt's than anyone other than Jamie Gold?

50 sng's played in the last year, over or under?

whats the % breakdown these days on lawyering/playing poker? (ie you ever go get that "real" job?)

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve, you don't have any holes in your game! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 06:00 PM

What did you score on the LSAT?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone want to place a prop bet on my LSAT score vs. Adanthar's? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(Also, when you answer this question, keep in mind we're one week away from pics of a 19 year old snorting coke off a naked hooker and everybody sort of halfway accepting this as normal/standard behavior)

[/ QUOTE ]

link?

[/ QUOTE ]

yvesaint, BBV...search through last week.

[ QUOTE ]

Please compare and contrast full ring vs. 6 man NLHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to do this in one post. Let's say that while a 30/20 style can work in 6 max, it'd get slaughtered in FR. 18/12 is actually standard and maybe even on the loose side. Also, when your overpair gets raised on the flop, the correct play is usually to fold (only half kidding.) It's a nitfest, but it has its own set of rules and can be killed just like any other game...but not using the same playstyle as 6 max.

[ QUOTE ]

I think you brought this up in one of your Sat threads...You thought you could win a step 5 on PP for less than $20 and wanted a $1000+ prop bet on it. Did that ever happen / how did it turn out?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was less than $30, and I gave up with $8 left in the account because it was so godawfully boring [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I did get to a step 3, though, just took a couple of bad beats.

rebuys/sats: I don't play super loose in regular rebuys, either, but yes it's probably a worse idea in satellites. However, you should push your big hands/draws very hard during the rebuy period anyway, since going busto isn't that bad.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

brag: 172 on the first PR diagnostic, after which they kicked me out and told me to go get a tutor
beat: had to wait for 3 hours outside the building because the guy with the tests didn't show up, in 95 degree weather with 400 other nervous people; when he did, the building's air conditioning was set to like 60, and no one had anything to eat the whole time, so everyone was shivering/nervous/hungry
variance: 173, but 6 of the 10 I got wrong were in the first section that I'd have probably aced otherwise =/
variance: if I'd done better I'd probably have gone to Columbia and no poker for me, so the above's more of a brag
Old 01-19-2007, 06:36 PM

Adanthar,

What do you think would be the quickest way to teach someone to make $15-20 an hour playing poker, assuming they know nothing about it?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar,

What do you think would be the quickest way to teach someone to make $15-20 an hour playing poker, assuming they know nothing about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

low limit sngs, no question about it.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:42 PM

What players, be they live or online, that you've run into have really impressed you?

What is your largest tournament score and how did you celebrate it?

In order to become an excellent tournament player which are the most important concepts to understand?

What are the most and least profitable tournaments online?

One of the very few pieces of direct advice my father ever game me was 'don't go to law school', was this advise accurate?

If all online poker sites closed down besides ultimate bet, would you ever play online poker again?